New Highland Village Apple Store in Houston Tx.

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by ChrisTX, Mar 4, 2012.

1. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Considering the validity of the story MacRumors posted the other day. Is anyone else going to the grand opening of this store for the iPad 3 launch? More than likely I'll be purchasing my iPad 3 from Best Buy to use up some gift cards, but I've never been to a stand alone Apple Store outside of a Mall(this will be the first in Houston) and am thinking of going for this. Anyone else here going to the grand opening in general? Pretty sure I'll be there regardless, hoping to purchase a new Apple TV if nothing else.

2. rodolfo52 macrumors newbie

Exicted!

I will be on spring break from high school so i will definitely be lining up at the new apple store. I want to be at the front so i will be there VERY early to get in line ! Hope to see y'all there.

3. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Any idea when it opens? I'll be driving down from The Woodlands and would like to get there early.

4. rodolfo52 macrumors newbie

It should open at the same time the others do at 10am but what they do for launches is Usually open 1 hour early, but my best thing to advise to you is to pre order it and pick it up in store on the 16th thats what i did. I ordered it online and I'm picking it up the 16th at the APPLE STORE in the Galleria (Houston)

5. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, will do!

6. rodolfo52 macrumors newbie

Np, so im guessing that since you can't preorder it for the new store pick up you go it at the galleria?

7. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

I'll be stopping by on Saturday and if they have any Apple tv's left I'll probably pick one up. I wanted to go for the opening day but I won't be in town.

8. ChrisTX, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I'll be getting mine at The Woodlands Mall store most likely. The Galleria store is a zoo, plus I'm only heading that way for the new store.

UPDATE: Been a while since I've been down to Highland Village but I paid a visit this weekend. WOW this store is going to ROCK!!! Can't wait!

9. GeekyHispGirl macrumors newbie

verizon stores

I have called many verizon stores in houston and some just tell me first come, first serve. I do have around 5+ stores who have promised me they will call me thursday night and let me know if they have the ipad I want, 64gb, in stock and hold one for me. I am sure out of the 5+ stores signed up with, I will get more than one call back. If anyone is interested in one of these ipads, let me know and I can pass your name along. Has anyone else had the same experience with the verizon stores in houston? I had one store tell me that no verizon stores in houston will have ipads on launch day and they are only doing preorders. I think this is a bunch of kablooey.

10. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I only buy AT&T iPads but if you are willing to line up early enough, you can easily buy an iPad from the Apple store on launch day. My biggest concern is that Apple hasn't announced exactly when they will go on sale Friday. I suppose I should call them to find out because right now there is only rumor, and speculation surrounding 5P.M. time frame. The Willowbrook Mall store is one of their slower stores, and would be your best bet. Good luck getting your iPad through Verizon!

11. GeekyHispGirl macrumors newbie

I was going to try memorial city but got discouraged when I talked to someone at the store and they told me my best bet was to be there wed night. Which because of work is impossible for me to do. Damn work !!! I thought about the galleria or the new highland village store, but the earliest I could line up is thursday night. So, I thought about going the verizon route since that is the ipad I want anyways and am hoping that people will be to focused on the apple stores and best buy.

12. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I'll be at The Woodlands mall store. The Woodlands is fairly strict about not letting anyone camp on the mall property so I feel pretty good about my chances.

13. rodolfo52 macrumors newbie

I was able to reserve mine with in store pick up on the 16th. The launch will occur early in the morning because from what i see genius appointments for every store have been blocked out for the whole day. Last year they had genius appointments in the morning only. So there will be a morning launch.

14. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Thanks for the heads up there. I'll call and find out.

15. Beedough macrumors newbie

8:00am Grand Opening

Recieved an email from Apple announcing an 8:00am Grand Opening for this location.

Wondering if all stores are opening that early. I read on here it is typical for Apple to open an hour early on major release days, but wouldn't this be 2 hours early?

16. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I'm sure you've read by now that all stores will be opening by 8AM. Bummed my plans have changed, and I won't make the official grand opening on Friday. I was hoping to be one of the first 1000 people for a free shirt, but will be there Saturday to hopefully pick up a new Apple TV. :D

17. aggieastrosfan macrumors member

Is there a chance that a Verizon wouldn't get all varieties of the iPad? If so, I would probably be better off waiting the extra hour and going to Best Buy instead. Looking to get the white 64gb 4g model.

18. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Not really sure if they will carry the wifi only models but they should carry the 16/32/64gb models in bth colors.

19. randomguyishere macrumors regular

Anyone know how long the line is (or if it has started yet) here at the new Highland Village Apple Store?