New Highland Village Houston Texas Store - iPad Launch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joderme, Mar 15, 2012.

1. joderme macrumors member

Here are some photos as they unveil the new store... It is beautiful. Glad we got something like this before Dallas :D

Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

That's really nice looking. About time Houston got a store that is visually striking.

3. scriptlol macrumors member

4. joderme thread starter macrumors member

Agreed - they took their time with it and it will pay off for sure. Don't think I will be waiting in line for an iPad here though - likely will be a madhouse.

5. brandon8419 macrumors member

Gorgeous ... almost looks like an airline hanger... Very pretty and open design.

6. pogiboi macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is there a line at this store already? If so, how many people?

7. CuperJuanito macrumors newbie

8. karsal macrumors member

I just drove past this store today, amazing, all glass, high ceilings. The best part is both of its sides are glass so you can see through the whole store!

9. MortalDays macrumors regular

even though I pre-ordered online and waiting for tomorrow shipment. I am tempted to line up and experience the new store! :D

10. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Joderm thanks for the pics. Cant wait to get by there on Saturday. Unfortunately I will be stuck in Dallas tomorrow.

11. joderme thread starter macrumors member

I seriously thought about it too but I am not going to. Probably 20-30 people out there as of 10 mins ago. I just came back from Walmart on I10 and Silber and they had 4 64 LTE/WIFI Ipads left. The rest were sold out and they got about 25 of them. I have no need to wait anymore since I got this one and another coming tomorrow.

I will definitely walk by the store tomorrow to check it out.

12. MortalDays macrumors regular

Are they passing out the Apple t-shirts to "buying customers"? I probably will stop by around 9am and see if I can get a free t shirt. :D I maybe buy an accessory.

My iPads suppose to be delivered by 3pm. You think I will be able to make it back? :D

EDIT: Where can you park free near the Apple Store?

13. joderme thread starter macrumors member

It didn't look like it just yet - they do have some videotaping going on with a guy in an apple shirt. Not sure if he is an Apple employee or just some random dude making a blog video.

The shopping center has parking around the stores and the garage. Walgreens will tow and the neighborhood is permit only on the first few streets.

I am going to leave the signature sheet from apple.com for fedex to ensure that I don't miss them.

14. Akack macrumors 6502a

The electric bill during the summer is gona be killer.

15. MortalDays macrumors regular

Do you have an address for the new garage that was built recently? I couldn't find it when I googled it.

What's your shipping status on FedEx? Mine is still in Transit @ Memphis, TN. Pretty far from Texas!

----------

Ha, never thought of that. I am sure Apple is fine. They got plenty of money. :D

16. joderme thread starter macrumors member

It is the garage that has been there forever, it is by PF Changs (on the north side of Westheimer.

Mine is coming from TN as well and is in transit. Hopefully there are no problems at IAH :)

----------

Probably so, then again the glass is very thick and likely has some UV/heat shielding. Who knows though.

I couldn't see where the HVAC pumps air into the building either. No vents were visible from where I was.

I thought about telling the folks in line that Walmart might still have some left but I didn't want to ruin the night for them. Now that I am thinking about it I should go sit in line with the iPad i brought from Walmart and see if anyone notices... lol. I won't seriously do it but the thought is humorous.

17. pogiboi macrumors regular

18. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Wish I was there but I am in The Woodlands outside of the Best Buy here and it loos like maybe 3 other peopl aree here. There's 3 other card parked so I can't tell. Hope to go to Highland a village tomorrow though. Good luck there!

19. joderme thread starter macrumors member

Well I decided to go and I am about 150th in line. Should be a fun experience and it isn't hot out yet. Anyone else decide to go to highland village.

20. joderme thread starter macrumors member

Few more photos from the store - beautiful inside and out.

Attached Files: