New HOCO leather strap - the best Classic Buckle replica?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Paulando, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Paulando, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

Paulando macrumors newbie

Bought one of these on eBay UK last week and it arrived today. Went for this one because from the pics it was black on both sides unlike some others that people had posted on here (which also looked a bit cheap and thin), looked pretty thick, and it had the 'round' buckle like on the Apple version.

It arrived yesterday, and I'm really impressed. It is indeed black on both sides, the leather pattern looks just like the Apple classic buckle, the buckle itself is round and the strap is nice and thick. Also, less than a sixth of the price at £21.

The ONLY issue is that, as you can see from one of the close up pics, the adapters have a black/space grey sort of colour. I emailed the seller to see if he has any with steel/silver adapters that I could swap it for, and I received this reply:

...so I'm not holding out much hope ;) But I'll take that as I can always buy some more that would match.

IMG_4087.JPG IMG_4070.JPG IMG_4072.JPG IMG_4074.JPG FullSizeRender 2.jpg IMG_4084.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

2. chrispurvis86 macrumors newbie

I really like the look of the strap and would look good on my SG Sport, do you have the eBay link please?

Thanks in advance and also for the pics!!

Chris

3. Paulando thread starter macrumors newbie

4. grenhall macrumors regular

5. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Demand from Space Grey Sport owners. You can get so many different colours from the pirate bay (Generic Fakes).

6. Paulando thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, really not sure. I think I'll buy some steel/silver coloured adapters and change them. Shame really, as the buckle is the right colour (and not champagne like I've seen on some other replicas), but I'm made up with the strap itself for the price.

7. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

It does sound good, care to share the item number?

8. grenhall macrumors regular

Yeah the strap looks awesome actually. I ordered the exact same from AliExpress, didn't like the rosé-gold buckle, so I'm waiting for it now. Hopefully it'll arrive without the black lugs. :)

9. Paulando thread starter macrumors newbie

Item number is 141678306594 :)

Oh, interesting. Do you have a link for it on there?

10. grenhall macrumors regular

11. h00ligan macrumors 68030

See I've been trying to find this in the USA with the black adapters and they're all stainless that I see. Obviously we don't want to spend for another set of adapters every time we get an inexpensive third party band