New home button and other impressions..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Got my 128gb unlocked jet black yesterday.

First impressions...

New home button is great. I figured it was going to feel worse at first but it's been the complete opposite. To me, it still almost feels like your pressing the button because of the haptic feedback, there is no give to it, but yet it feels like it's depressing. Takes less effort to press than the old home button as well which is the opposite of how I thought it would be. I have every iPhone since 2007 and it's an easy transition for me, especially since I am liking it more.

Speakers are LOUD, but yes they do seem a bit tinny from a distance. As you get closer it starts to sound much better filling.

Colors look more vivid due to the wide gamut. I compared directly to my 6s plus and side by side it's a very small difference. But as you start to use the phone you notice everything pops out a little more.

Jet black finish makes it feel like a completely different phone, to me at least. This is the finish of future iPhones...really high quality feel to it.

Battery life great so far, still running down the initial 98% charge, 13% left.

Haven't used the camera much but the zoom works great with minimal quality loss at 2x.

Overall worth it to me for the upgrade. After I sell my 128gb 6s plus I am looking at a bet cost of $350 for the 7 plus including apple care.

2. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Glad you like the device. I also like the new home button. Feels like a actual home button.