Home New Homekit Device UK

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by Blujelly, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if any in the UK can chuck there 2 cents in with Homekit products?

I'm looking at gathering some products over the next few months, such as locking devices, indoor/outdoor camera's (preferable as a set), heating etc will take a pass on as Ill get that done another date and last of all smart plugs.

Just wondering if anyone had any devices that are Homekit enabled and have had good reviews from people who have tested them and have them!

any advise would be great.

2. m11rphy macrumors 6502

I currently have a few Philips hue bulbs that work well with HomeKit, I really want switches and light sockets but currently these only seem to be available in the US

I did see a HomeKit compatible thermostat on Apple UK website tho

3. Blujelly thread starter macrumors 65816

Blujelly

yeah I will probable get heating sorted but not for a while. Just wondering what else I could grab really

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

There's no HomeKit plugs for the UK at the moment, unfortunately.

5. NOITAIDAR macrumors member

NOITAIDAR

So I've been running LightwaveRF equipment in my home for a while now: sockets, dimmers, switches, Thermostats, TRVs, etc...

Currently one of the best options out there with regards to automation. There are a lot of native WiFi capable plugs out there, for the UK, but none that are HomeKit compatible yet.

LWRF released a statement last year that they're working with Apple on HomeKit, and have been saying on their facebook page that it's coming before the end of 2016. (will likely require a new "WiFi Link" bridge, but the switches & plugs will supposedly not require replacement)

I'm currently running a third-party (LWRF approved) app called homebridge, which allows me to control my LWRF switches (not the thermostat/TRVs yet though), amongst other WiFi/LAN non-HomeKit devices.