New Housing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wwe2008, Jan 6, 2009.

1. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

Okay, after about 5 months my iPhone 3G housing is prettyt mucked up, my job doesn't help. And I want to but a complete new housing and probally take it to a phone shop to be put on (obviously not O2 or CPW!!!). Anyone know where to get a good quality and looks like the proper apple ones? Plus what I need.
    Thanks

2. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

has anyone had ant experience with iPhone (2G/3G) cases from ecaseshop.com?
    Thanks

3. techage14 macrumors regular

techage14

You want to replace the entire housing of your iPhone 3G? Check eBay they have some that sellers claim are 'original' plastic housings. could never hurt to browse.

*edit*
    found one for about $23 w/ shipping

4. Cask Guest

Man, I wouldn't do that for many reasons:
    1. You lose warranty on your phone.
    2. I've heard that replacing the back cover of the iPhone 3g is really hard, since everything is mounted on it. You would have to do a lot of disassembling and then to reassemble the whole phone. In my opinion it is not worth it.

Why don't you try car polish in the back cover to remove some scratches?? I've heard that gives good results. If you want the housings anyway, try looking on ebay, I saw several sellers and some of them have pictures that look just like the original back cover. Still, be careful there and check the seller's feedback.

5. wwe2008 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, I've got scratches up my phone, I mean I can lift up my back case for over half way. But I want to claim on my insurance, but it's O2 and you have to send phone away