New i7: Weird video artifacts

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tulsamal, May 30, 2011.

1. tulsamal macrumors newbie

One month old BTO i7 w/2 gig VRAM. I've been generally happy. It did do a weird system freeze on me twice in one morning but that was at least a week ago and hasn't happened since.

But I keep noticing this one odd video thing. Say you have a web page open in Safari or Firefox. One this is mostly text. Then you use the mouse wheel to quickly scroll up or down. When I do that, I just keep getting this horizontal "line" which moves up and down with the text. It flickers in and out. Don't see it when you aren't scrolling. But when you are scrolling, it will happen every time. Almost like a moving "fold" in the page.

I've played hours of Starcraft II and haven't seen any video anomalies then. Seems like that would tax the video card a lot more than scrolling text. I keep telling myself that it is probably a software/driver issue and it will go away in future upgrades. But... what if it is hardware and I'm ignoring it!

Just wondered if anybody else with a 27" BTO has seen this?

Thanks,

Gregg

2. tulsamal thread starter macrumors newbie

3. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Try calling Apple care. Have you upgraded to 10.6.7? Also I imagine your right. People had similar issues with the macbook pros but it was resolved by an update.

4. tulsamal thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I'm running 10.6.7.

It's an issue I can live with for now if it will go away in the future. Just don't want to be ignoring something that is actually a hardware issue!

Gregg