Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
keynote is coming!!

About the 100$ rebate, that's a important hint about the new iBook's coming. That's what they did before they had to annonce some new products. So it's easy to predict new models of G4 ( I hope G5 ), iBooks. and what about lcd iMac, it,S seems to be real, but i'm expecting higher price for it, surely not 899$ like today, a little bit much more expensive, because of lcd market's price.
And just for laugh, maybe we should hope to see the iWalk or iPad... something like that. Maybe some of you saw it on Spymac.com or others? It's like a Palm but much more better ( sure it is... made by Apple) with a kind-like OS X, color display...

In Software: Adobe os X software, as photoshop, which is a great one, i saw some screenshots... well, a lot of Adobe's product. I also heard about an Appleworks' update too...

So on Monday morning, it you do not have the chance to be at that keynote, i guess, a live streaming gonna be broadcast on the net. Do not miss it!!

Happy holidays

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
Well...

Dell has listened to Apple's and has changed from beige to black (or was it always like that?).

I would actually love to see a blue dalmation iBook. But I would want to see it in the iniBook form. Imagine where the blueberry/indigo rubber was, a blue dalmation rubber piece. I just love that light blue!!!

applesurferrr

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
i think that there will be no upgrade on the ibook i dont no if u heard this or not but did u see that apple just produced 1.000.000 ibooks if anything i think there will either be somthing between the ibook and the powerbook. the powerbook is older than the ibook anyway
-cody

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Put it this way, if the imac is rated near the Ghz barrier, the powermac up 1.4Ghz, the portables need something to keep up with the desktops. The sahara chip that IBM announced is ideal for the ibook (less power needed and less heat for a faster rated chip) + motoroloa has a G4 that consumes less power than the one in the powerbook which is a likely upgrade as well.

greg godwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Originally posted by Falleron
Put it this way, if the imac is rated near the Ghz barrier, the powermac up 1.4Ghz, the portables need something to keep up with the desktops. The sahara chip that IBM announced is ideal for the ibook (less power needed and less heat for a faster rated chip) + motoroloa has a G4 that consumes less power than the one in the powerbook which is a likely upgrade as well.

iBook is going to be updated this year with the new "Saraha" G3 chip rated close to 1 Ghz. It will be the final iBook with a G3.

In 2003 there will be a new iBook with a G4 and a PowerBook with G5.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Ever since Greg got here.....

He has been talking with 100% confidence. No rumors coming out of this guys mouth Im guessing.....
;)

greg godwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Re: Ever since Greg got here.....

Originally posted by agreenster
He has been talking with 100% confidence. No rumors coming out of this guys mouth Im guessing.....
;)

The details of what I've been saying could be a little off. I don't want to put people wrong, but i'm fairly confident about my information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.