Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
The Wired
Hi, anybody knows if the new iBook can output to an external monitor at a higher resolution than 1024 * 768?

Sure Ive read the tech-specs, but, the video card certainly seems to have enough grunt to be able to do so.

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
Nope, that's it. And mirroring, not spanning. I used one for a while on a 20" monitor at the office and was very happy with the performance.

grrr223

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2002
Philadelphia
Where can I get the hack script? Does anyone have any experience using it? One of the biggest reasons I am looking at spending the extra money on a Powerbook is that it has video spanning, but if I can do that on an iBook, I think I'd much rather spend the extra money on something else.

The other question is, can the iBooks hook up to a digital flatscreen? or do they just have VGA outs?

rrrightboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2003
macosxhints.com

I believe you can get the script for spanning on Mac OS X Hints.com . I think you just look for "spanning."

Also, unless they've changed the monitor output on the new iBooks, they should have a mini-Vga output, which you need an adapter in order to connect it to anything. They have a mini-to-DVI (or ADC?) for flat panels, a mini-to-VGA for regular monitors, and a mini-to-composite to connect to a television/video monitor.

Please correct me if any of that's wrong, everybody!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.