New iBooks features in iOS5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TrackZ, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TrackZ macrumors member

Are there any new features in iBooks in the iOS 5 betas? I haven't read about any yet and was hoping to see some improvements.

2. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Your best bet would be to review the keynote and Apple's website. Developers, including myself, are under NDA and are probably not going to respond. If you are a developer too, then please use the confidential iOS 5 beta forum on the Developer Forums section on Apple's website. Sorry.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

Besides that, ibooks is a separate app, not part of iOS. Maybe there will be a new iBooks 2 launched alongside iOS5, who knows?

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Then why does MR post links to stories with pictures and discussions of new features of iOS 5? I'm not being a smart ass, I'm just curious.

Edit: and the threads are not just covering info from the keynote.

5. TrackZ thread starter macrumors member

They didn't say anything about iBooks updates in the keynote that I recall, hence the reason I was curious. The only thing searching on iOS 5 and iBooks turns up as well is rudimentary talk about News Stand.

I'm close to changing from the Kindle app to using iBooks and hoping to see some improvements that help give me the final motivation to switch.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

What iBooks changes would you like to see?

7. SimonMTL macrumors newbie

Dual-page layout for PDFs, just like the Preview app on OS X Lion. IBooks does it for the books in landscape mode, would be nice to have it for PDFs also.

8. Zcott macrumors 68020

No changes because the app is the same version as the app for 4.3.x.

9. shandyman Suspended

iBooks gets updated on it's own seperate track, so there won't be anything in the keynote as it's a seperate app, like how the apple remote app never gets mentioned....