New Icon in Toolbar

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Hey

I opened Snapz Pro today and then stopped using it, my toolbar reset, and I got a new icon, its an eject icon, but it does nothing, and it doesn't appear to be related to Snapz Pro.

Here's a picture, it's in between my monitor icon and sound icon, if anyone can tell me what it does, it'd be appreciated. It's not causing a problem, I'm just curious.

Thanks

Attachments

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
rickvanr said:
Hey

I opened Snapz Pro today and then stopped using it, my toolbar reset, and I got a new icon, its an eject icon, but it does nothing, and it doesn't appear to be related to Snapz Pro.

Here's a picture, it's in between my monitor icon and sound icon, if anyone can tell me what it does, it'd be appreciated. It's not causing a problem, I'm just curious.

Thanks
The "eject icon" in the menu bar is not a NEW thing, if you have "TinkerTool" you have the option to show this hidden feature of Panther. If you have a CD or DVD in the optical drive and press that icon, YES it will eject the disc. :)

Nothing special, just thought it was useless for my needs. :)

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Normally the eject icon only appears if you have an MDD system with 2 optical drives. You click and would select from a short menu which optical drive you want the tray opened for. Have you clicked long enough to see the menu come up?

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
rickvanr said:
but I don't have tinker tool and with a CD in the drive and I click, nothing happens.

Odd I have one optical drive and when I have a disc in and click the eject icon it ejects the disc. Not sure what the issue with your system is. It could just be a bug that exposed the icon. :)

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
Bear said:
Normally the eject icon only appears if you have an MDD system with 2 optical drives. You click and would select from a short menu which optical drive you want the tray opened for. Have you clicked long enough to see the menu come up?

Though this might have been the original thinking of the eject icon in the menu bar, it works with also one optical drive present. I know this since it works for me. :)