Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illweather

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Didn't see a topic dedicated to iJailbreak yet, so thought I'd start one...

I have a Power PC Mac, but decided to borrow an Intel Mac for the JB. I got some error during the process while running ijailbreak. Not sure what it said (I know, real helpful), but it referred to some file not existing. I let the program run for about 20min-30min but it just kept saying "patching iPod Touch OS." I quit the program, and decided to post here...

I think I'll try again once a PPC version is released. I think one problem might have been that the computer I was trying to use for this process (Mac Book Pro) had never had an iPod Touch connected to it before. So I think the process should work better on my Mac, once an update is released with PPC support.

Anyone else give it a try yet?

pmarcovi

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
It works great!

Good job! Tried it Leopard, works like a charm. Easiest 1.1.3 jailbreak to date!

Quasiportnoy

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
I notice that you can "Add iPhone Apps." Does this include the latest and greatest 1.1.3 iPhone apps (wobbly icons included), or is this just the old-school mail, maps, etc.

If it includes the iPhone app pack (as purchased, essentially), then I'll dive right in.

illweather

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I notice that you can "Add iPhone Apps." Does this include the latest and greatest 1.1.3 iPhone apps (wobbly icons included), or is this just the old-school mail, maps, etc.

If it includes the iPhone app pack (as purchased, essentially), then I'll dive right in.

Check out this doc, explains pretty much everything. Very straight forward.

BTW, the Mac Book Pro I used was running 10.4.11.

PlayWithTV

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
This jailbreak DOES put the January Update on for free. I got the latest Maps with the locator, stocks, etc. new safari with webapps on home screen feature. Also I have the wiggly home screen modification. I have not paid anything for the update.

This is an awesome jailbreak!

Quasiportnoy

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Running Tiger, 10.4.11, and no success yet. Using the latest version 0.4.1 of iJailbreak.

Alright, so I get the error message:

Code:
./script4.sh: line 3:  966 Bus error          ./
dmg2img NewOS.dmg 113_upgrade_image.img
113_upgrade_image.img: No such file or directory (1)

I emailed Ari about this and haven't gotten a response yet. Just wanted to let everyone know that Tiger still seems to be a bit of a problem for this round of iJailbreak.

illweather

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Running Tiger, 10.4.11, and no success yet. Using the latest version 0.4.1 of iJailbreak.

Alright, so I get the error message:

Code:
./script4.sh: line 3:  966 Bus error          ./
dmg2img NewOS.dmg 113_upgrade_image.img
113_upgrade_image.img: No such file or directory (1)

I emailed Ari about this and haven't gotten a response yet. Just wanted to let everyone know that Tiger still seems to be a bit of a problem for this round of iJailbreak.

Just tried it again and got the same error as you did...

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
This is somewhat of a dream come true for me. I am restoring to 1.1.1 on my PowerBook and will be running iJailbreak on my iMac. I will post my results.

If this works, I will donate $20 to the iJailbreak authors instead of giving it to Apple, who insist on me not using the hardware I paid for in whatever manner I choose.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
My iPod went into recovery mode as I was installing the 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade... downgrading to 1.1.1 and trying again... :mad: My stuff is erased... oh well.. lol :rolleyes:

Mac: Leopard MBP
iPT: 1.1.2 JB

EDIT: Works on fresh 1.1.1 JB iPT... but now Mail will not remember my Password. I get out of settings and it forgets it?

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Well, it worked, sort of.

It did in fact jailbreak 1.1.3. Congrats on that. However, adding my gmail account with all info perfect, such as password, username, etc works fine, until I open the mail app, and I receive an error saying that there is no password on the account. Weird. So I tried setting it up manually via imap, still a no go, I get an error that the password is invalid for the smtp server.

So I installed the mail app via installer, then uninstalled, then reinstalled, and tried the previous steps over. Still no go.

I'll give it another try, this time with a freshly jailbroken 1.1.1 and freshly updated installer app, and a reboot. I'll keep you all posted.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
Well, it worked, sort of.

It did in fact jailbreak 1.1.3. Congrats on that. However, adding my gmail account with all info perfect, such as password, username, etc works fine, until I open the mail app, and I receive an error saying that there is no password on the account. Weird. So I tried setting it up manually via imap, still a no go, I get an error that the password is invalid for the smtp server.

So I installed the mail app via installer, then uninstalled, then reinstalled, and tried the previous steps over. Still no go.

I'll give it another try, this time with a freshly jailbroken 1.1.1 and freshly updated installer app, and a reboot. I'll keep you all posted.

STOP!! DONT!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/422315/

Thats the fix!

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Texas04, I wish I had waited just a few minutes before starting the re-jailbreak :)

I can confirm that this friggin thing works 100%, and it's easy as pie, with my app icons doing their best Michael J. Fox impression.

I will be making a donation to the author if iJailbreak for making this as easy as it is. What an awesome little 13 year old. :)

Now let's just wait for SummerBoard and Customize to be 1.1.3-compatible. I realize this is a brand new jailbreak and that the functionality given with iJailbreak will likely push these apps to be updated more quickly. All I really want is to get rid of that disgusting dock.

itazark2

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Amazingly easy! The smoothest, fastest jailbreak for 1.1.3! And everything presented on such a clean, easy to use interface! Wow ...

Makes me wonder if Apple has their eye on this kid to get him hired into their ranks. (Or maybe Microsoft is eyeing him .... )

swearbymac07

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
Do I have to....

Hi,

If I want to Jailbreak 1.1.3 with iJailbreak 0.41...Do I have to downgrade first?????

Could someone please tell me????

Or post instructions...it would be great

THANKS in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I used this and it worked perfectly except for one major issue, anything with DRM from iTunes will not play, does anyone know of a fix for this?

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I used this and it worked perfectly except for one major issue, anything with DRM from iTunes will not play, does anyone know of a fix for this?

Remove the DRM from your purchased music by burning them to a CD-RW and re-importing them into iTunes in AAC 128kb format.

Pain in the ass, yes, but it's necessary. Although I guess you could morally justify downloading purated versions of stuff you already purchased, since you technically have a license to it, I think.

saxey

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3

I read that in order to get purchased music to work, you need to install the firmwares in 1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3 for it to work properly.

Im syncing my music back on now, and ill let you know if it worked for me personally

Good luck everyone!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Remove the DRM from your purchased music by burning them to a CD-RW and re-importing them into iTunes in AAC 128kb format.
That might not be a bad idea if it worked for movies to. I'm just going t try downgading and going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, and see if that works.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
I read that in order to get purchased music to work, you need to install the firmwares in 1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.3 for it to work properly.

Im syncing my music back on now, and ill let you know if it worked for me personally

Good luck everyone!

This if false. For some reason my first JB attempt with a JB 1.1.2 iPod Touch failed, and so I had to downgrade to 1.1.1 and then I ran iJailbreak again, and it worked. You can go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and your purchased music works fine.

Also, many applications seem to now be working faster and better. ApolloIM no longer crashes on me, Safari and Mail are much faster then 1.1.2 and I feel that it is just all around more responsive.

ehsteve23

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
this worked perfectly for me. 1.1.3, downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, iJailbreak, 10 minutes and it's done, then to add app pack it took about 30 seconds, so easy!

tetsuotrunks

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
I had the same problem, I went from a jailbroken 1.1.1 to a jailbroken 1.1.3. Both hacks were done with iJailbreak. I have the same problem, music and movies with DRM don't play. If I downgraded back to 1.1.1 and then re-jailbroke up to 1.1.3, is there any chance it would let me play the music and movies that are currently not playing?

illweather

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Preparation

So if I use Cyber Duck, then can I just backup my Apps before jailbreaking to 1.1.3? For example, just dragging the App folder from my Touch to my Mac's desktop... and then after jailbreaking I could just drag that folder back onto the Touch via SSH in Cyber Duck, right? I don't wanna spend hours customizing my Touch all over again after jailbreaking this time...if I don't have to. ;)

thanks

MurphyM

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
Just adding myself to the list of people using iJailbreak and finding the DRM content doesn't play.

It would be nice if they come up with a fix. For some reason, my 1.1.1 JB refuses to update to 1.1.2. So iJailbreak became my only choice.

Help me iJailbreak, you're my only hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.