New iMac 2012 could look like this?!?!?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by I8P'CS, Oct 16, 2012.

1. I8P'CS, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Wont be in a rush to purchase if true personally.

Edit

Attached Files:

2. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Here's a thought: I plan on using mine from the front so I don't really give a damn how it's profile looks. :)

3. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I was looking at my 2007 iMac today and couldn't tell how thick it was. No, actually, I'm wrong, the sides were completely invisible, the ultimate in skinniness.

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Thats a rather crude mockup based on the "tear drop" comment from the guy who posted the iMac internals pic. Can't see the only change being a ridiculous looking back.

5. bobright macrumors 601

It'd look ugly but don't care to be honest will still get one. The rumor about the tear drop did say the front will still have the bottom bezel though so who knows it could look real similar.

6. McN00b macrumors newbie

7. ibirmingham macrumors member

+1

8. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I think by tear drop they're referring to the edges being thinner but the depth in the middle being similar to the previous model, not so much the bottom having more depth than the top.

Think Cinema/Thunder Bolt Display with "thinner edges"

9. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

That looks like crap Johnny Ive just barfed, I'm seriously expecting something better than that

10. Yamcha macrumors 68000

I'm actually hoping it doesn't look like that, even If it's the backing.. But I'm not worried as Apple is pretty awesome with designs..

Being someone who builds PC's, the design & display of Apple computers is one of the reasons I buy Macs, obviously also because of Mac OSX, but really If I didn't care for the design I would be better off with a Hackintosh..

11. Joined:
    Sep 10, 2012
    I think it looks nice ... but design is a very subjective thing.

People were absolutely slating (slagging off) the iPhone 5 design when the leaked images were coming through, but now they can't get enough of it.

I like the design of this iMac, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Everyone's been moaning about a lack of a refresh; now people will start moaning about the refreshed design ...

Apple has pissed me off quite a lot lately, but I will say that they simply can't win much of the time!

The only thing I DO hope for is some good QC; something which I have had a huge problem with, with Apple ...

12. I8P'CS thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly my point looks know different to current model so why the wait most crave? ohh USB 3 and minimal CPU gains. Ok then.

Hope it looks better than that pic.

13. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

It's all speculation (MacRumors :) ) until Apple shows us they have next week! :)

14. sdo1982 macrumors member

With the asymetric tear drop shape, the chin needs to be reduced in size if it is contrasting against the screen, however i think we might see the front of the chin covered in glass, then the machining of the alu case would be much simpler, reducing cost and improving aesthetics imo.

15. CoreyLahey macrumors regular

Me neither. They would have compromised the performance and options for a way worse design. I like the current design better, and if they throw out the ODD for that joke and neglect functionality over it, a price reduced 2011 is probably the better option. Slimmer than the current imac makes no sense in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind it either (in a different shape than the picture) if the performance isn't compromised.

16. kolgax, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

kolgax macrumors newbie

Honestly I'll probably get one if the specs are better than 2011 even if the back of that bulge in the back of it has a seam that makes it look like a pair of buttocks. I just need a better Mac really. :) I'd like something more powerful than a macbook but not as crazy over the top expensive as a Mac Pro...

17. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Meh...I can't take my iMac out and show it off, so as long as it works, it's fine by me.

18. DestroVega macrumors member

Is this thread ****ing serious? Who cares one iota how the side and back look?? Jesus

19. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

If thinner and lighter iMac rumor is true, I guess the new iMac will be as thin as Thunderbolt Display today.

Yes it's thinner than iMac if you've ever seen both.

20. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

The sides of the iMac will be superbly thin.

The majority of the internal hardware will reside at the CENTER of the iMac, namely where the stand is.

So if you were looking top-down....

____/....... \____
    --------------------

The dots being the glass panel, except imagine it much thinner, maybe even tapered toward the sides, and way sleeker.

You heard it here first.

21. CoreyLahey macrumors regular

I don't get it, are you being sarcastic or are you saying Jesus cares about the back of the imac? If so, I will have you know that this is blasphemy. We can not know that Jesus would care about Apple's design for his father works in mysterious ways (Psalm 3:14, I think). Also, if Jesus cares about iMacs what about PC users? Will they be saved? We can not know that and shall therefore not utter his name. Mary once had a lamb, it is known, but Jehovah like the Tao can not be known, for it would not be that it is anymore. Moses on the other hand speaks more clearly on the matter: "the above design can stay in Egypt". But back to topic, does Jesus care? We can not know that. Unless you're speaking about Jesus Morales, who certainly does not care, because he uses a Vaio notebook.

Still reading? You know you deserve it DestroVega : )

----------

Angels with golden hair will be singing your name.

22. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

Eww... (at the butt)

And I care how the profile (and the back!) looks. I just don't care how thin it is.

23. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Apple can definitely do better than that :) ...I to agree that the current design looks better.

I expect the fron chin to go away. And the teardrop thickness will be something to marvel at. I don´t like this shape.

24. Bargle macrumors regular

The chin is there so you don't smudge the glass whe you adjust the display with your hand. It won't go anywhere. Furthermore, the machine needs a large apple logo on the front because nobody will ever see the back. There is a big apple logo on the back of notebooks for when to open up your MBP in Starbucks. 99% of iMacs face a wall. Lastly, the large apple logo doubles as a sensor and reducing the size of the sensor is nobodies priority.

25. rotorblade69 macrumors regular

I like it but we'll see.