New iMac 21,5" = Trouble installing XP / Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RSignals, Dec 11, 2009.

1. RSignals macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,
    I just got my new iMac 21,5", 3,06GHz, with the ATI Radeon 4670 last week. Everything's working fine, except when I try to install Win XP over BootCamp3. I've done everything as per the book, the installation runs fine but in the final stage XP has no sound. I've tried this procedure about 5-6 times now (new installation) and every time I get something else which is wrong with XP (no sound, no wlan connection, not able to dim brightness, USB mouse movement unstable etc.).
    At present XP is running ok, but I don't have any sound...!! This thing is slowly driving me crazy.
    I was able to install the BootCamp Update2 once, but at present no go.

Like to mention that I've had this XP version running on my old MacBook Pro and uMacBook (version before it was changed to uMB Pro) over BootCamp without any single glitch. But with my new iMac it just isn't working out.

Is anybody else in the same position?? Any hints or help on how I can get this thing (XP) working, WITH SOUND, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

2. RSignals thread starter macrumors newbie

New iMac 21,5" = Trouble installing XP / Please Help!! Reply to Thread

Well, thanks everybody for the great help and advice...!! (None so far)

Anyway. I've solved the problem for the time being (changed the audio-card setting from the default ATI card to the other audio-card, something beginning with C...), and i now have XP sound.

Perhaps this'll help some poor lost soul out there(?)

Cheers+

3. Tenshi macrumors newbie

Yay thanks for posting the solution. I had the exact same troubles :p