Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
UK
I have recently bought an iMac and for some reason it is not connecting to my wireless USR9110, even though every other computer / console can connect. It works when i connect using an ethernet cable, however it not practical. I've made sure the wep password and all settings match but still no success. It has mac address filtering and i put the airport id in correctly

Screenshot2010-04-05at171218.png

HOWEVER... it did work once when i changed "access rule for registered MAC addresses" to "deny", but no other computer were able to connect to the internet until i changed it back.

Screenshot2010-04-05at171847.png

I need to get this working as soon as possible, and would be grateful for any help or advice or even suggestions.

Thanks

Lyam

00hkelly

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
You could try changing to WPA security. Also try changing the wireless channel, my Macbook Pro wouldn't connect to an Airport Extrene on channel 6 for some reason.

lyam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
UK
thanks, i'll try changing the channel first. Its on channel 3.

lyam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
UK
it works, it seems really odd, but as long as it works, thanks

lyam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
UK
NO JOKES, it has stopped working so using the ethernet cable again :(

tried many times even changing the channel again, should i try auto? also, i have had a look at wpa, and i think i will have to change it to that very soon. Would that be a possible reason for iMac not connecting, its quite frustrating really, i cant think why :S

thanks

lyam

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2009
UK
still not working :( please help still, changed to wpa, changed channel but no result

00hkelly

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
try using a manual ip address, rather than dchp. or renewing the dhcp address.

settings>network>advanced>tcp/ip

if the ip settings aren't normal, then thats why you can't connect and you need to enter a manual ip address, subnet, dns.etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.