new iMac 27" i5 & i7 - is there still display problem?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by onefine, Nov 23, 2010.

1. onefine macrumors newbie

Hi all!

I want to buy new iMac 27" i7. Today is 23.november 2010. Is there still display problems with new iMacs 27" or is it solved?? Is better to wait to whole new iMacs?? But it can be forever..

Problems was flickering, yellow grandient.. I found this image to test your 27" iMac: http://www.fine.sk/imactest.jpg (run it at FULL SCREEN mode or save as your desktop..)

Thaks for your replies!

2. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

I can't speak for everybody but...

.. both my brother and myself bought 27" iMac i7s in August and September respectively, and they're both perfect. Judging by the usual product refresh cycle it'll be over 3 months before a new iMac is released. It's your call if you want to wait, but I don't think you need to worry about screen issues now.

3. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

4. onefine thread starter macrumors newbie

5. wessew macrumors member

We purchased our new i7 iMac in August and a new 27" Cinema display in October. Both are in perfect condition with no issues to report. I think the display issue was resolved some months ago. The only thing you need to be aware of is the glossy display: you will want to be able to control bright light sources from behind and to the sides of your computer display to avoid distracting reflections. But that is not a defect...With use I have found the brightness of the display combined with normal focus to largely eliminate the reflection issues.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The gradient problem is gone for me in WIndows via bootcamp. Looks like they have good drivers for the i7

7. blaqone macrumors newbie

I have had a problem - black spots revealed themselves all over the screen - had to replace the lcd. now it seems its oke ... but just wait ... :(

8. onefine thread starter macrumors newbie

And when you bought your iMac? Maybe yours is from old series?

9. inkyfingers macrumors newbie

Had my new iMac 27 inch for just under a week now and the display is fantastic with no problems.

10. onefine thread starter macrumors newbie

Could you try this image in fullscreen or set as your wallpaper for test, if everything is OK? White is white, no yellow gradient??? I need iMac for graphic design, so I need perfetct one :)))

That image is here: http://www.fine.sk/imactest.jpg

11. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

dude... just get one. i'm waiting for mine to arrive.
    if yours is bad - just return it... and actually, i think it's best to wish for a bad one 2 or 3 times as i've heard some people got a macbook pro for their trouble free of charge!

12. onefine thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, but free macbook pro is not possible here in Slovakia :))))))))))) So I will wish to have good one on first buy.. I hope you will understand me, cause my English is poooor :)))

13. Locker macrumors 6502

14. inkyfingers macrumors newbie

The only thing i get is that the blue pattern flickers slightly.

15. wordbit macrumors newbie

I recently bought a refurbished iMac quad core i5 from Apple's online store and have no display issues at all. Go for it!

16. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

I had a black Macbook's motherboards go bad on me three times before. It takes 3 replacements, I believe, before you get the newest current model of that computer. I think. It was a few years ago.