New iMac 5k (mid 2015) keyboard issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Darkknight59, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Darkknight59 macrumors newbie

Darkknight59

I have a new iMac 27 with retina for about three weeks now and have had intermittent keyboard issues. The issue is that at times the wireless keyboard is slow to respond with a delay between typed characters and what shows up on the screen. Often there are strange characters which show up almost as if the keyboard was trying to show a different language. The only language which is set up is US English. To resolve this I have to remove the batteries from the keyboard and then restart it or re-boot the mac...has anyone seen or solved this???

2. Darkknight59 thread starter macrumors newbie

Darkknight59

3. Darkknight59 thread starter macrumors newbie

Darkknight59

4. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

Have you tried calling Apple as it's a new computer, and they might just send you a new keyboard as it sounds like yours is poached

5. FordGuy48 macrumors newbie

FordGuy48

I'm having the same issue with my new iMac keyboard. Is it possible it is just the actual keyboard? I'm trying the keyboard from my old iMac right now, so we'll see. Can they diagnose a keyboard issue at an Apple Store?

6. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

Well.. when I upgraded my 2014 RiMac to El Capitan, I ended up with more keyboard and mouse errors that I knew what to do with, It took me 5-6 re-installs to convince the iMac to behave correctly, and sadly, it didn't want to play nice with recovering my data and apps from TimeMachine. So i ended up having to take the long way around and manually copy and re-install everything. The machine is now working fine.

I would not be surprised if the issue is not software as the OSX of late seems to be rather flaky with any install and the only viable step around it is just to wipe and reload

7. FordGuy48 macrumors newbie

FordGuy48

8. FordGuy48 macrumors newbie

FordGuy48

I'm just having keyboard issues. mouse is fine.