New iMac AirPort stops working every 15 mins

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Greenhoe, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

I just bought a new iMac from best buy a couple weeks ago and all of a sudden the other day my internet on my iMac just will stop responding. The Airport still says I have a full connection although firefox and safari will just not load. I have to turn the airport off then back on to get safari and firefox to start working again.

I was wondering if any of you know why this may be happening and if there is anyway to try to fix it or should I go take it up to the apple store, also would a fresh install may help?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What router do you have? Some routers have problems with Macs

3. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

I have a netgear router, although it's been working for 2 weeks and now all of a sudden just happened.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sounds like your internet provider has problems, not you. Wait few days and if it doesn't go away call to Apple

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

No, the OP says that restarting the Airport on the iMac can fix the problem.

The problem is either your iMac's Airport or your Netgear router without a doubt. Try using another router (borrow from a friend if you must) and see if that fixes the problem, otherwise a quick trip to the Apple store can have a Genius look at your iMac.