New iMac and John Lewis

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Liamf555, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Liamf555 macrumors member

Liamf555

Hi,

I was just wondering what the new iMac 2.0ghz is like. I seen loads of thoughts and reviews of the higher spec models but none (or not many) the the lower spec.

Also if i buy my iMac form John Lewis, what do i do about getting it repaired, can i take it to an apple store.

Thanks

2. bartelby macrumors Core

My parent's bought a Mac Mini from John Lewis last year, they took it ti an Apple Reseller for repairs no problem.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

You get a free 2 year warranty from John Lewis.

Repairs during the first year would be covered by Apple but I would imagine any repairs after the first year would have to be through John Lewis.

4. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

My father in law (Who's English and living in London) swears by them. Says they're first class.

5. richkent72 macrumors regular

My brother bought an iPod some time ago from John Lewis. When it developed a fault they replaced it with no fuss.

I was also impressed recently when in the Sheffield John Lewis store. They still had the old iMacs in but were advising customers of the new models, rather than try to shift the remaining old ones.

Edit - Hurrah - No longer a macrumors newbie!

6. Zygon Gambit macrumors regular

Does that mean that if you buy an iPod from John Lewis you get two years warranty?

7. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

No, on their warranty page on JohnLewis.com:

http://www.johnlewis.com/Help/Help.aspx?HelpId=9#guarantees

It specifically says:

"In addition to the first year manufacturer’s guarantee on large electrical domestic appliances, computers, non-portable hi-fi equipment, DVD and VHS players/recorders and camcorders, we provide a free second year service guarantee . This includes accidental damage cover on large electrical domestic appliances only and, where appropriate, frozen food loss insurance, subject to certain terms and conditions listed below."

Would be nice though!

HTH

- D

8. Zygon Gambit macrumors regular

Oh well - thanks for the quick answer!