New iMac arrived. very, very happy

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wilsonjm, Jan 11, 2012.

1. wilsonjm macrumors newbie

I've had the iMac for 3 days now and it is stunning in every way (that I have so far seen).

I had been using a 1st gen iPad for 8 months as my only computer after selling my MacBook Pro 13". I wanted to see how the iPad could cope. It performed admirably but all I can say is the contrast between that and the i7 3.4 iMac is beyond words. It's like I have been transported to the future. Maybe a bit over the top, but use just an iPad for 8 months then let me know what you think.

It's not just the hardware though, I love Lion. In typical Apple fashion, it makes using the OS a pleasure, not just the apps installed on it, which was my experience with every Windows OS. Using gestures on the touchpad with full screen apps...that is why I am willing to pay so much for a Mac.

Haven't had the chance to play games on it yet, in OSX or bootcamp, but so far so bloody good.

Oh, and the wife loves it too. Can't get better than that...

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Seems like your patience has been rewarded! Enjoy your new Mac.

3. dizmonk macrumors regular

Ditto... I'm extremely happy with my 21.5" i7... Added 8GB to the base 4GB memory... I am very glad I took back the 27"...

4. wassal43 macrumors member

No word can describe the IMac 27 it is stunning. Enjoy!

5. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51