Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewfb

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2009
Out of curiosity, how many sprung for 8gb?

I sprung for the 8gb, so my order was 24 inch, 3.06ghz, 8gb RAM, and ATI Graphics card.

Apple Care warranty is listed as completed, though the actual computer is listed as not yet shipped. Order placed on Monday, March 09. Scheduled ship is April 20 and Scheduled delivery is April 24. Crossing my fingers that it does not take nearly that long!!!

P.S., I made the order status page as my home page in safari. Great idea for anyone who is as neurotic as I am. Good luck everyone!

RS232

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
London, United Kingdom
I was quite tempted to go for the 8GB memory but thought I save a lot pocket money if I go for a third party source like Crucial later this year!

My configuration I ordered on 10th March was...

3.06GHz Core 2 Duo
nVidia GeForce GT130 512MB
4GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB ATA HD
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse

It works out cheaper to configure it from the 2.93GHz model after upgrading the processor, video card, HD, keyboard and mouse than plumping straight for the 3.06GHz model!

Shipping date is 3-4 weeks... :(

Thinking if I should upgrade the video to ATI if I'm going to wait that long!

PurpleCliff

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
Australia
I sprung for the 8gb, so my order was 24 inch, 3.06ghz, 8gb RAM, and ATI Graphics card.

Apple Care warranty is listed as completed, though the actual computer is listed as not yet shipped. Order placed on Monday, March 09. Scheduled ship is April 20 and Scheduled delivery is April 24. Crossing my fingers that it does not take nearly that long!!!

P.S., I made the order status page as my home page in safari. Great idea for anyone who is as neurotic as I am. Good luck everyone!

Lol good idea. My order should ship today!! :D Then arrive early next week. :(

Ordered 4/3/09 (the day the new iMac's were released here in Australia)

Ships 17/4/09

Delivery 23/4/09

hmmm...I ordered mine on the 9/3 (also in Oz), and have a delivery date of 17-18/3. anyway, on to mine...

2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM-2X2GB
640GB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
REMOTE 065-7988 APPLE REMOTE
APPLE KEYBOARD (NUM)
COUNTRY KIT X065-8055 COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24-AUS

I also hit them up for iWork, and the Elgato EYETV Deluxe (got it half-price....couldn't argue with that!). I'm another Mac virgin who is really excited about joining the club!

arlung

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2009
Shipment Date:
11/03/2009

Delivers by:
12/03/2009

the guy of apple hotline tell me my imac is ship from 上海 (shanghai)

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
Ordered the 2.93GHz today. The only changes were wireless keyboard and mouse...

Not yet shipped
Estimated Shipping: 3 business days
Estimated Delivery: 18 Mar, 2009 - 19 Mar, 2009

Hopefully it's not going to take that long!

Mine is now prepared for shipment. Hurry up already!

TheNightPhoenix

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2005
3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB
1.0TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
APPLE WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE-Z
WL KYBD & USER'S GUIDE-B
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24-GBR

Estimated Shipping: 20 Apr, 2009
Estimated Delivery: 23 Apr, 2009

I'll get 8GB or RAM another day, it was another £760 for it, I'm betting on crucial doing it for a lot less soon enough.

Edit:
I just check the Ram on crucial only £630.19 for the 8GB :)

kickassf

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
Cancelled order- twice

Hello everyone, as u can see im a newbie as well, trying to get my first mac, BUT apple has cancelled my order twice in the past two days and its now getting on my nerves!!
i ordered the basic 24'' imac with the numeric keyboard and applecare, with education disc.
They have verified everything, twice, but keep cancelling it, while keeping my money (verified by bank).
Anyone else experienced smth similar?
My order was placed in the UK

Thank you

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Hello everyone, as u can see im a newbie as well, trying to get my first mac, BUT apple has cancelled my order twice in the past two days and its now getting on my nerves!!
i ordered the basic 24'' imac with the numeric keyboard and applecare, with education disc.
They have verified everything, twice, but keep cancelling it, while keeping my money (verified by bank).

Thank you

Call them and ask what the **** is that. It can be a technical problem or a bank problem

kickassf

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
Call them and ask what the **** is that. It can be a technical problem or a bank problem

I ve called them 5 times already... they dont know, and send me to the finance department, were i wait for 20 minutes, tell me they cant get someone on the line and hang up on me..
Its def not a bank problem, my bank has given them a verification code which as used, therefore they are holding the money.

:S ive waiting so long for this update :S

amoayeri

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009

Thank you

I have same problem a while ago. They couldn't get authorization even though the bank said my card was OK. anyway I used another card.

Try to place the order on phone. the number is 0800 048 0408

kickassf

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2009
I have same problem a while ago. They couldn't get authorization even though the bank said my card was OK. anyway I used another card.

Try to place the order on phone. the number is 0800 048 0408

since they have my money, I cant do that until they release it :S
isnt it?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I ve called them 5 times already... they dont know, and send me to the finance department, were i wait for 20 minutes, tell me they cant get someone on the line and hang up on me..
Its def not a bank problem, my bank has given them a verification code which as used, therefore they are holding the money.

:S ive waiting so long for this update :S

Don't be polite, be rude, that usually helps. Yell to the phone and use strong language and swear that you'll tell to everyone how badly Apple served you.

gasport

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
I was quite tempted to go for the 8GB memory but thought I save a lot pocket money if I go for a third party source like Crucial later this year!

My configuration I ordered on 10th March was...

3.06GHz Core 2 Duo
nVidia GeForce GT130 512MB
4GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB ATA HD
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse

It works out cheaper to configure it from the 2.93GHz model after upgrading the processor, video card, HD, keyboard and mouse than plumping straight for the 3.06GHz model!

Shipping date is 3-4 weeks... :(

Thinking if I should upgrade the video to ATI if I'm going to wait that long!

I just configured as you indicated and the price is the same, $2,249 (configured both ways) and the shipping date is 1 day. :confused:

petenice15

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
Brooklyn
My expected delivery day was today and FedEx is nowhere to be found...:( I have checked their website and spoke with FedEx and the only information I get is my iMac is In Transit from Salt Lake City. Hopefully tomorrow.

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
2.93GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB
640GB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
APPLE REMOTE
KYBD (NUM) & USER'S GUIDE
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24

Changed some hours ago from "Ships: apr 16" to "Ships: 1 - 3 days" and delivers Mar 12 - Mar 13.
It seems that who has chosen the HD 4850 won't have to wait all that time...

Do we think that the ATI BTO's will change to faster shipping?
i cant see why one persons order can get shipped faster than everyone else's.

Wickedgardengtp

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
2.93GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 130 512MB
640GB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
APPLE REMOTE
KYBD (NUM) & USER'S GUIDE
COUNTRY KIT,IMAC 24

Ships: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Mar 10 - Mar 12

Status.....Prepared for shipment

IT BETTER BE HERE TOMORROW

Wickedgardengtp

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
So, I sold my 15" 2.33ghz MacBookPro of 2 years, last sat. I've been waiting for my new imac since then. It says, it should be here tomorrow, and that its "prepared for shipment".....but do I get my hopes up?
Listen......FOR 5 DAYS I've been reduced to a 2.93 intel Celeron, w/256megs of DDR1 and TinyXP installed, with a 17" CRT, just to get me by and I'm going nuts over here!!!!! This iMac needs to get here tomorrow or I'll throw this dinosaur aged HP machine off a cliff............ Or get counseling.

RS232

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
London, United Kingdom
Only Apple Education in Thailand!

I just configured as you indicated and the price is the same, $2,249 (configured both ways) and the shipping date is 1 day. :confused:

Sorry... you save about 2625 Baht (Around 53 Pound Sterling) if you configure it in this way on Apple Education in Thailand! Maybe it works only in Apple Education section? ;)

At least it is quicker in the US to deliver... but surely Thailand is nearer to China! Oh well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.