New IMac Crashed Hard

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dsalehipour, Oct 23, 2008.

1. dsalehipour macrumors newbie

so i was just using firefox and i was on facebook and all of a sudden my Imac's screen had a scroll of a dark shade of gray run down the screen. A message popped up saying that i needed to forcefully shut my computer down. So i turned it off with force! (holding the power button). I turned it on and this message popped up when i logged in. (look at attachment). Soon after, about 3 minutes later, the same thing happened again (my computer "crashed") and I was using Opera this time. I was just wondering if other users have ever experienced this before.

Please comment.

Attached Files:

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

You just experienced a kernel panic. These can happen sometimes. Don't be worried AT ALL. If it happens continuously, then you have the right to be worried and come back. Otherwise, just continue with life. :)

3. dsalehipour thread starter macrumors newbie

ok cool, thankyou, it did happen twice in a row though, but it's been fine so far for like 15 miutes

4. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

One thing I do notice in the screenshot is that you are running a heck of a lot of menu bar programs. I might suggest closing some of those which may take load off of the system.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

post the crash log panic.log under log files in Console's sidebar. not a guarantee but someone might be able to decode the problem.