New iMac - dead pixel

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imacfreak, Sep 5, 2007.

1. imacfreak macrumors member

imacfreak

Just got my brand new iMac today.. and it has one dead pixel off to the right hand side of the screen :(. I know one pixel isnt enough for a return. I'm wondering if it might be a stuck pixel, because when i run the mouse over it.. it changes colors. Are there any fixes for this type of thing?

Kind of a bummer.. just spent $2000 on a computer that already has one problem.

2. Dany M macrumors 6502

Go over the the pixal untill it matches teh background, restart if you havnt yet and move applications over it.....thats what it says in the manuel i beleive

3. ehoez macrumors member

whats it new? refurb? or used?

"chargeback" time. lol

4. imacfreak thread starter macrumors member

imacfreak

Its brand new, not refurbished.
    I dont see anything in the manual about dead pixels.

5. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

No it is not, you retard. People like you ruin the the world. Doing a chargeback on an item that you have received is credit card fraud.

6. gazelleintense macrumors regular

gazelleintense

why would one or two dead pixels not be a reason for a replacement? you paid good money for it right? seems that under warranty apple should fix or replace it.

7. MK2007 macrumors regular

You must have several pixels for return/replacement, or you will get charged a restocking fee. CTO Macs can't be returned at all for low pixel count; you must have the minimum defective quantity.

I don't know about you, but even one bad pixel would bother me a lot. I would return the machine and deal with the restocking fee. Or if it's a CTO Mac, then I would sell it and get another.

8. BennyK macrumors 6502

Are dead pixels easy to find or do you need to really look for them?