New iMac didn't come with Lion?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iqwertyi, Sep 4, 2011.

1. iqwertyi macrumors regular

Short Story:
    Picked up a new 27" iMac (i7 with thunderbolt) on September 3, 2011 and Lion wasn't installed?

Long Story:
    Apple replaced my old 27" with a new one. I bought Lion through the App Store and luckily made a backup USB.
    My new 27" did not have Lion. I was very surprised with this. Maybe this one had been sitting on the store shelves for a while? Which I don't care about so much, but I had to install lion from my USB Backup.

Is this right? I didn't use any of the discs that came with the mac (didn't think about it then). Would Lion have been in those CD's? I just found it odd.

Thanks.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You could have participated the up to date promo if you haven't had the USB installer.

3. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you!
    I will redeem it anyway. Can't have too many backups.

4. Veryold macrumors newbie

I got a 21.5 last week. It had Snow Leopard installed and I was told if I sent a copy of the invoice to Apple I would get a code for a free download of Lion.
    The discs supplied included Snow Leopard but Apple do not supply discs for Lion.
    I received the code but have not downloaded Lion as yet. There has already been one update and judging by the many complaints a further update will not be far away.
    If you have Lion you have saved yourself a 4gb download.

5. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

So, how can I download Lion again?
    When I redeemed my free App, it just said installed.
    How can I actually re-download the app?

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Just go into the app store, go into purchases, and Lion should show up. Click install and it will download the app to the iMac.