new imac drivers for windows 7

Discussion in 'iMac' started by leandkmac, Dec 2, 2009.

1. leandkmac macrumors newbie

Hey does anyone know where to get the new drivers for windows 7, I managed to find the vga drivers but I would like the magic mouse drivers for the scroll and the audio drivers

2. leandkmac thread starter macrumors newbie

common guys there has to be someone that has installed windows 7 on the new imac and no one has the audio an the magic mouse working properly?

3. abar macrumors newbie

4. wodeh macrumors regular

I installed 64bit Windows 7, I just tossed in my Snow Leopard CD and installed the Bootcamp drivers from that. Sound works, Magic Mouse works, OFP: Dragon Rising plays well. I do seem to be getting an issue with Bluetooth where the mouse/keyboard connection are dropped, but that's not such a big problem as the MM and bluetooth keyboard suck for gaming anyway.

5. slicecom macrumors 68020

You just need to disable "allow windows to shut off bluetooth to conserve power" in the devices section.

6. wodeh macrumors regular

slicecom, you're a genius.

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm going to assume you're correct.

7. leandkmac thread starter macrumors newbie

ok guys I found a way. but not by using the bootcamp in the dvd. The imac just froze when i used it

8. wodeh macrumors regular

Keyboard seems okay, but the Magic Mouse is going apesheet!

I had to reinstall from scratch because Parallels 5 hosed my installation, I again installed 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate, then ran the Bootcamp installer from the OSX disk supplied with the iMac and let it do its thing.

Two reboots later and I've still got working sound/mouse/keyboard in all their glory, plus a somewhat useless but working Apple Remote and other frills.

The Magic Mouse just doesn't want to play nice, though! It's a little bit intermittent.. although that may be my installing OFP that's causing it trouble.