New iMac - dumb question....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nhexima, Jan 30, 2008.

1. nhexima macrumors member

After a couple of months of waiting, I finally ordered my gorgeous 24' 2.4ghz refurbed iMac. It's my first Mac and it is fantastic :)

So, this may sound stupid, but what's the deal with the weird stickers on it? I mean on the unit itself - I guess the one on the stand piece is just to protect the base (and the ram instruction pictures on it) from being scratched, but how about the clear apple logo on the back near the top? Can I just pull that off, too? Are you supposed to put one of those stickers that come in the "Everything Else" package on top of it?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Pull all the plastic off. You can put the stickers on your car/door/wall etc if you want :)

3. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Uhh...

Those stickers are meant to be thrown away, they're there for packaging, you can do whatever you want with the apple symbols. people usually put them on their cars, or their external HD's.

4. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

your imac came with stickers on the actual imac??

5. danny_w macrumors 601

That doesn't sound right. There should be some stickers on a sheet in the envelope with the disks, but that's all. Did you buy it from Apple online?

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No. The iMac has an Apple logo on its back that comes covered with a sheet of plastic. It is not a sticker.

7. nhexima thread starter macrumors member

Right, this is what I was referring to. I thought it might be connected to the white stickers that came on the sticker sheet somehow.

Hey, I said it was a dumb question, don't hurt me :eek: Thanks for the responses, guys, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't removing something important.

8. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Ummm .... that one is NOT A STICKER.

That is embossed onto the back!

Those white stickers are to stick on the back of your friends car, you know the friend who uses Microsoft Windows PC's! :eek::D :p :D { JOKING }