New iMac dust or bad pixels ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by maka1986, Oct 18, 2011.

1. maka1986 macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I recently got my new imac home and I noticed that there are 2 strange spots on the screen. They change colour depending on from what angle I look on them.
    Is that how a stuck pixel is supposed to look like?

Thanks for all your help.
    Mike

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Can You Post

A photo (not a screenshot) Dead pixels tend to vanish with view angle...You might just have crud on the screen itself.

3. Jakobben macrumors newbie

I had dust behind my screen when I got it (2009 model). When I changed the viewing angle the black spots didn't stay in the exact same place, so it had to be infront of the LEDs. Apple gave me a replacement withouh any hassle. Can you upload photos from 45 degrees to the left and rigth? This might give a better idea...

4. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

5. maka1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I'll upload pics tomorrow. I have to use a better cam because the pixel looks all black and in fact it's not.
    Some things I noticed. Upon closer inspection I think the strange "rainbow" pixel doesn't use up the whole space of a pixel (if the square I can see with my naked eye on when on a white wallpaper is a whole pixel)

The main question is can a defective pixel change it's color depending from which angle I look on it?

I thought it should be either black (dead) or stay one color r-g-b.
    I hope it's just a speck of something behind the screen.