New iMac Geekbench results?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SHates, Aug 1, 2012.

1. SHates macrumors newbie

2. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I think someone on here had upgraded their 2011 27" to an i7 3770k (I think it was K, not sure though).

Could be them benchmarking?

The two entries share the same bios and motherboard information:

Motherboard
    Apple Inc. Mac-942B59F58194171B x.x

BIOS
    Apple Inc. IM121.88Z.0047.B1F.1201241648

Do we know what the motherboard and bios information looks like for a typical 27" i7 2600?

3. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

4. SHates thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, that's a very good point, I totally over looked that. Dis-regard my post :)

5. hideous cheese macrumors regular

6. sukai macrumors regular

Damn the score the up there o_o"

7. sainsburys macrumors regular

8. Djerzprod macrumors newbie

All of these scores seem to be from Hackintoshes...I understand that the motherboard and Bios show as being true Apple, but Hackintoshers are also known for editing those specs as well when creating their machines. That is most likely why you are seeing those scores along with the model. I am getting the feeling that we can no longer rely on benchmarks and are going to have to start using good ole pictures to show specs from now on. Even screen shots can be edited, but an angled shot of your screen is a bit harder.

9. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

or all the 13,2 could be real who knows? It´s not many of them, maybe Apple is only updating the 27" this time and keep the 21.5" as the same model only cheaper, as they do when keeping the phones. I would guess most of them who want higher specs are the ones that want a 27" and the rest are looking for a bargain (or am I wrong ? :) )
    that the two 13,2 from 24th are scoring different is kinda strange though, its not by much...how exact is geekbench, do you get exact same results every time, or does it depend on how much programs you are running in the background etc ??

What do I know, but could be the geekbench tests of the 24th are imacs closer to completion..maybe we will see them soon!
    If we are only seeing spec bumped regular imacs then there´s no way screen lamination is an issue, then its just bogus claims.

far fetching but I´m so ready for a new imac now, I´m going nuts soon.

10. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

Yes,I'm waiting for a 21.5'' 2012 iMac.The 27'' screen is too big for me.

11. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i dont know why people think apple would use geek bentch to test out their machine, i am pretty confident that apple has some way to test their own machines, not geek bentch, i could be wrong but lets be realistic. i want a 2012 imac as much as everyone here but im just trying to be realistic. Look where wishful thinking has gotten us.

12. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

MacBook pro had a geekbench test before wwdc and that seemed to be accurate. Also i doubt someone bothers to open a Mac laptop to upgrade the CPU ?? Even if apple is large someone testing the machines can still do trivial stuff as a geekbench test. I dont think it's their tool for testing but there's a lot of people working at apple which are involved with the development of the machine - so that someone choose to geekbench it out of curiousity wouldn't surprise me. Crazy thinking it could even be the marketing dep. seeding tiny crumbles for us to rumor on ;) but it could just be fake too, who knows. Doesn't matter really it doesn't prove anything about a release date.

13. sainsburys macrumors regular

Yes, you are wrong. 27'' is also too big for me and I want USB 3.0 in my 21.5'' 2012 iMac.

14. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

very well said.;)

15. Shane1905 macrumors regular

Ditto that man. 27" is a bit much for me but want the best spec 21.5" I can get my hands on (maxing the ram myself and want a 2012 graphics card for 2012 prices). USB 3 is a also a must for me. Kills me waiting nearly 30 hours on my current machine to copy 2TB from an external. Will be a hell of a move from a 5 year old 15" dell laptop.

16. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I also agree. My study is tiny. A 21.5" is 2.5" bigger than what I've got now. And as we all know we would ALL be happier with an extra 2.5"!

17. jfpoole, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

jfpoole macrumors newbie

For what it's worth Apple (and a number of other hardware companies) use Geekbench.