New iMac iLife question

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
i just bought a new imac, my 1st mac. i do have 1 question so far, is ilife included on the 2cd's that were in the box ? all it says on them is "mac osx install disc 1 and 2.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
thanks. i didn't want a repeat of the last time i bought a pc.
7 years ago i bought a dell and had microsoft works in a brown envelope and just threw it in a drawer not knowing what it was.
few days later a buddy told me i should have had a maps cd, along with a few others. i called up dell complaining and they said they would send it to me. i got it and it looked like the same brown envelope. maybe i should have opened it up.:)

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
another question i had about this. when i buy leopard, can i just do a upgrade or do i have to do a format then install ? i know you should always just format, at least it was this way on windows. once i do that can i just load up the ilife programs from those cd's ?

Jan 30, 2006
You can either upgrade or do a clean install. Upgrade works perfectly, normally they go on smoothly without causing any problems.

And if you make a clean install, of Leopard, then Leopard won't have the iLife apps. So after making the clean install of Leopard, insert the second DVD of Tiger to install the iLife apps.