MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today confirmed that the new 24-inch iMac, iPad Pro, and updated Apple TV 4K will be available for customers in Apple Stores and retail locations around the world on Friday, May 21. Pre-orders for the products began earlier last month, and Apple previously said the new products will be available in the second half of May.

iMac-and-iPad-May-21-Feature-Triad.jpg

The new iPad Pro features the M1 Apple silicon chip, first introduced in the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini last November. The larger 12.9-inch iPad Pro also features an all-new mini-LED display. The new 24-inch iMac also sports the M1 chip, alongside a whole new design. The Apple TV 4K features an updated processor and a newly designed remote.

Article Link: New iMac, iPad Pro, and Apple TV 4K Available at Apple Stores Starting May 21

dantracht

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
My ATV and new remote still haven't shipped, still showing a 5/21-5/27 delivery window. Usually, I see a tracking number in either FedEx or ups by now, so odds are I'll receive mine closer to 5/27.

Not the end of the world at all, but was hoping to get mine closer to the 21st, as I pre-ordered it right away.

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Wags

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Very curious what they will have in store Friday, everything is back order. Do they have separate stock for the Apple stores?
Yes they will have an initial shipment. The big question is what time it becomes available. Once the inventory is made available to purchase you can see online for store pick up.

Reactions: Wesd1234
Comment

Tjnwjut

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
This happens with most Apple orders. Most likely you will see the status changed to Shipped in the next couple of days. If your dates show 5/21-5/27 you should receive yours the same day as the Apple stores. This happened with my iPhone orders in the past. In fact last year my iPhone didn't ship until the day before release and it still made it in time.

Comment

Surfer13134

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
Florida
Reminder guys that a lot of apple stores require an appointment to visit the stores. Both of the ones here in Central FL will make you create an Appointment to go inside the store, so it will just be easier to order online and do in store pick up. 4

Comment

twistedpixel8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
if you look at the ATV delivery date Thread, almost everyone in the EU has their date at the 28th.
I ordered mine in the first minute, showed 21-28 but after a few days it was the 28th
Feels like it’s going to be a repeat of the old iPhone launches in the UK where they only had a very small amount of iPhones and people queued outside from midnight. Was probably still wise to pre-order!

Comment

Blowback

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2018
VA
My ATV and new remote still haven't shipped, still showing a 5/21-5/27 delivery window. Usually, I see a tracking number in either FedEx or ups by now, so odds are I'll receive mine closer to 5/27.

Not the end of the world at all, but was hoping to get mine closer to the 21st, as I pre-ordered it right away.

Looking forward to it.
Feel your pain! Will cancel my M5 and just go to the Audi dealership down the street!!! If I had known the new ATV would be in the store first.....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.