NEW iMAC MEMORY UPGRADE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ARMORLTC, Jul 25, 2016.

1. ARMORLTC macrumors newbie

ARMORLTC

Just ordered a new iMAC (27 inch, retina 5k, 3.3 GHz processor, 8GB memory, 512GB flash storage.....I want to upgrade the memory to 32GB,.....contacted Crucial and first question asked on chat was the model number....obviously don't have it since order is in process...was asked if it was a late 2015 model.......i would guess that the machine when delivered with be that model since i believe that is the most up to date model. Is this a correct presumption on my part or should i wait to get the machine to verify the model before ordering the memory upgrade? Thanks for your help.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You ordered a new iMac and you're asking us what you bought?

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

You purchased an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2015 model) - assuming you bought new and not refurbished, which you did not mention.
    This model supports up to 64 GB (4x16GB) of 204-pin PC3L-14900 (1867 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM memory.

4. ARMORLTC thread starter macrumors newbie

ARMORLTC

THANK YOU SIR....that is exactly the answer i was looking for and very much appreciate your assistance.....and your absolutely correct, i did neglect to state that this was a purchase of a NEW computer....thanks again.

5. Tomorrow, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016

Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I don't know for sure whether this is the model you ordered, but there's definitely a model number here (underneath "Remove" in the top right corner):

[​IMG]

It's been a while since I've ordered from Apple, but I suspect your confirmation email has this model number as well.

And if you had told us exactly what you bought - not the specs, but a model number - it would have been easier to give you a simple YES or NO. No need to be ugly about it.[/QUOTE]

6. ARMORLTC thread starter macrumors newbie

ARMORLTC

[/QUOTE]
    FYI......THERE IS NO MODEL NUMBER ANYWHERE ON MY ORDER CONFIRMATION....NOT ON MY ONLINE CONFIRMATION NOR ON THE CONFIRMATION EMAILED TO ME BY APPLE....SOOOOO.....I DID TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I BOUGHT...THAT'S WHY I ASKED THE DARN QUESTION!!!!!!....AND GOT A VERY CIVIL ANSWER AND HELPFUL ANSWER, UNLIKE YOURS, FROM MR BRIGHTSIDE.

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I WOULD JUST WAIT UNTIL THE IMAC ARRIVES TO BE 100% SURE BEFORE ORDERING MEMORY FOR IT. :eek:

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Well thank goodness for civil and helpful responses, right?

9. HBOC macrumors 68020