Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ARMORLTC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2016
FLORIDA
Just ordered a new iMAC (27 inch, retina 5k, 3.3 GHz processor, 8GB memory, 512GB flash storage.....I want to upgrade the memory to 32GB,.....contacted Crucial and first question asked on chat was the model number....obviously don't have it since order is in process...was asked if it was a late 2015 model.......i would guess that the machine when delivered with be that model since i believe that is the most up to date model. Is this a correct presumption on my part or should i wait to get the machine to verify the model before ordering the memory upgrade? Thanks for your help.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
You purchased an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2015 model) - assuming you bought new and not refurbished, which you did not mention.
This model supports up to 64 GB (4x16GB) of 204-pin PC3L-14900 (1867 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM memory.

ARMORLTC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2016
FLORIDA
You purchased an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2015 model) - assuming you bought new and not refurbished, which you did not mention.
This model supports up to 64 GB (4x16GB) of 204-pin PC3L-14900 (1867 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM memory.

THANK YOU SIR....that is exactly the answer i was looking for and very much appreciate your assistance.....and your absolutely correct, i did neglect to state that this was a purchase of a NEW computer....thanks again.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I don't know for sure whether this is the model you ordered, but there's definitely a model number here (underneath "Remove" in the top right corner):

DujI5l3.png

It's been a while since I've ordered from Apple, but I suspect your confirmation email has this model number as well.

everything i have read seems to indicate that the latest model is a "late 2015".....i was only asking a simple question if this was the latest model designation or did i miss something....a YES or NO would have been a sufficient response.

And if you had told us exactly what you bought - not the specs, but a model number - it would have been easier to give you a simple YES or NO. No need to be ugly about it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

ARMORLTC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2016
FLORIDA
I don't know for sure whether this is the model you ordered, but there's definitely a model number here (underneath "Remove" in the top right corner):

DujI5l3.png

It's been a while since I've ordered from Apple, but I suspect your confirmation email has this model number as well.

And if you had told us exactly what you bought - not the specs, but a model number - it would have been easier to give you a simple YES or NO. No need to be ugly about it.
[/QUOTE]
FYI......THERE IS NO MODEL NUMBER ANYWHERE ON MY ORDER CONFIRMATION....NOT ON MY ONLINE CONFIRMATION NOR ON THE CONFIRMATION EMAILED TO ME BY APPLE....SOOOOO.....I DID TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I BOUGHT...THAT'S WHY I ASKED THE DARN QUESTION!!!!!!....AND GOT A VERY CIVIL ANSWER AND HELPFUL ANSWER, UNLIKE YOURS, FROM MR BRIGHTSIDE.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
FYI......THERE IS NO MODEL NUMBER ANYWHERE ON MY ORDER CONFIRMATION....NOT ON MY ONLINE CONFIRMATION NOR ON THE CONFIRMATION EMAILED TO ME BY APPLE....SOOOOO.....I DID TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT I BOUGHT...THAT'S WHY I ASKED THE DARN QUESTION!!!!!!....AND GOT A VERY CIVIL ANSWER AND HELPFUL ANSWER, UNLIKE YOURS, FROM MR BRIGHTSIDE.

Well thank goodness for civil and helpful responses, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.