new iMac missing critical Jony Ive video

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chinadian1, Oct 24, 2012.

1. chinadian1 macrumors newbie

Is anyone else stressed out by this critical missing feature? :D

damn it, I need positive reinforcement for shelling out my hard earned debt!!! :D

Please let me know if one has been posted so I can watch it...

2. scottsjack macrumors 68000

The less of Jony Ive I see the better. His creativity for designing beautiful, minimalist, thin devices has gone from really great to an obsession that results in less useful computers.

3. chinadian1 thread starter macrumors newbie

i appreciate your frustration, but there are plenty of useful options out there for you.

i generally hate salesman and getting sold, but for some reason i don't mind as much when he does it ...:)

Jony Ive helped Apple design some great products. If he weren't around, then Apple could've gone under, this forum might not exist, and then we would really have less to complain about ...

And we would have zero options other than Windows ... :(

4. hideous cheese macrumors regular

Definitely a sign he is disowning the product. Undoubtedly this is because 5mm edge is just to thick for him and the inclusion of any graphics card too much of a design compromise.

5. chinadian1 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL. "What do you mean it needs GPU???" to the engineering team ...

Yeah, it's too bad the edge is not like a samurai blade ... then I could throw out those pesky scissors cluttering my desk...

6. blanka macrumors 68000

You did not see it cause he did not design it. It is very obvious not an Ive product. He would shame himself for it. Guess he is leaving for Mickeysoft or Samsung soon, as he is pissed over the OSX GUI design roadmap too.

7. davys macrumors regular

Well done Sir, after a long hard stressful day in work, this has been the only thing to make me laugh today.

8. OliOC macrumors newbie

Seriously?!

Has he been forced to do his presentation for all other Mac products in the past (ie non iOS products)?

9. HMI, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

HMI macrumors 6502a

HMI

And yet his designs are forcing many people to switch back to windows whether they want to or not.
    I don't want my desktop computer to fit in a manila envelope. I want it to handle my workload and make my job faster and easier. Some people would rather finish their work day earlier and go home than stay at work and admire how thin their computer is.

I don't even have kids, and I can imagine how much time with them I'd be missing waiting for a pretty little computer to do a heavy workload. It's not worth missing time with one's family.

10. KittiFatale macrumors member

KittiFatale

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jony Ive tbh. He's hot. lol

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

All I want to know is: is this 2012 iMac the last "Steve Jobs Sanctioned" iMac (before he died)?

That's what I want to know. According to his biography, in the months before he died, Jobs was involved in the design of a half-dozen Apple hardware which were not yet released at the time of his death. Is the 2012 iMac one of them?

12. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

If it were up to him, it would be a monolith of thin aluminum that drops antiquated technology like screens and processors in favor of true minimalism. Inside and out.

It'll just have a small cold blue light in the bottom right corner that pulses if you've got a new tweet.