New Imac; Mouse delay upon startup

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Deschodt, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Deschodt macrumors member

Got a new 27" imac (2017) with SSD, base 3.4 CPU.

After booting up and getting to the desktop, the new mouse will not work for about 10 seconds... I move it around and around and eventually the cursor pops up on screen... Not "end of the world" but weird. Any idea about a fix ? It's obviously recognized by bluetooth, it's charged.. It's the only mouse in the menu... and it works fine otherwise... The keyboard (also bluetooth, new extended) is recognized immediately (since I can type a password)

That machine is sooooo quiet !

2. tarsins macrumors 6502

tarsins

I don't think it's a problem as it does it with my 2017 27" i7 with both the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad.

3. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

I think that is pretty common with current fast-booting SSD machines. The boot process completes to the logon screen before the BlueTooth has a chance to poll and find available bluetooth devices such as your mouse and keyboard.

4. Deschodt thread starter macrumors member

I turned on autologon, to see if it made a difference. You get all the way to the desktop (post login) and the mouse is still MIA for 10 seconds... Oh well... I'll try a corded mouse if I can find one - but pretty sure it's indeed BT.

5. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I haven't noticed any delay with the mouse on my 2017 iMac. Usually the Magic Keyboard takes a second or two to connect. Invariably when I start to type my password at the login screen it misses the first 2 or 3 keystrokes before connecting but nowhere near 10 seconds.

6. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

If you have a corded mouse, you might try deleting the bluetooth connection for your mouse and keyboard ... and then reestablish the pairing with each one again.