new imac/new user (pc) how to back up a page

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rogerbottrell, Jul 19, 2014.

1. rogerbottrell, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

rogerbottrell macrumors member

i dont understand why the return arrow does not work--why have it there if it serves no purpose and the right one also.again safari left and right arrows why don't they move pages forward and backward .thank you .tyrin to get imac.not doing a very good job thank you

HERE IT MAY BE------THANK YOU VERY MUCH ---
    Command-Left Bracket ([) Previous browser webpage
    Command-Right Bracket (]) Next browser webpage

thank you YEAH I AM GETTING IT. SLOWLY--I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP--MY PROBLEMS ARE ALL OPERATOR PROBLEMS...I WILL GO BACK AND REVIEW AND ALSO LOOK AT YOUR LINKS.--IT IS TRUE --IN SOME CASES NO RETREAT OR FORWARD OPTIONS.DUH??---THANKS LET ME SUCK ON IT FOR A WHILE.--this is easy basic stuff, and frankly i don't like starting over after all of these years.---truth is most of it has passed me by and i don't like it.hahh---plus i can't type on the little tiny keyboard-but i am going to lovooooooovvvveeee the dictation function once i master ti.

2. simsaladimbamba

Do navigate website forwards and backwards use the COMMAND+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight keys, just like in Windows the arrow keys need a modifier key to work that way.

I do not understand, what you mean with RETURN key not working, as you did not give an example how you want it to work.

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. rogerbottrell thread starter macrumors member

top of screen left .forward and backward ...left and right .and command arrow keys aren't working???-very odd.--like i said new user new imac--it iix me but i can't figure it out.it is maddening

4. simsaladimbamba

In the following screenshot you see Safari's Back and Forward icon in the toolbar.
    [​IMG]
    The Back icon is looking thick and blacker, the Forward icon is looking thin and greyer.
    That is due to there being a website to go back to but no site to go forwards to.

Does it look similar on your machine?

Maybe there is no site to go back or forwards to?

And have you watched that video I embedded in the iMac thread of yours? It really does help.

I can also offer to access your computer via screen sharing with TeamViewer to see what you see and show you where you might be mistaken?