New iMac or Mid cycle?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ant D, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Ant D macrumors newbie

Hi there

Was looking to buy a new iMac 27 with the top spec. Am I to understand this is a 'brand new' model for 2013?
    The buyers guide here has it on 'mid cycle' so am wary about buying.

If this is the new one, is there any likeliness for the top selections to get any better soon? ie. more that 750 flash drive?

Kind regards

Ant

2. Serban Suspended

this is the late imac so until next year i don't think will be any upgrade, only for macbook air i heard maybe

3. seniorchang macrumors member

The previous iMac was on mid cycle/don't buy for almost two years.

If you wanna wait 1+x years do it, otherwise buy now.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

The current iMac came out in November/December 2012 so it is pretty new. An upgrade is unlikely for many months still so if you want a new iMac, now is the time to buy one. I would get one, but I am holding out for the imaginary/promised 2013 Mac Pro.

5. Serban Suspended

i don't think will be a new macbook pro this year..only an upgrade with intel haswell witch are not a performance but energy saver upgrade

6. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

This thread is about an iMac.

7. Serban Suspended

8. Hexley macrumors 6502a

48 hours ago MacRumors reported that the online US Apple Store have dropped delivery dates for base models from 3-4 weeks to 1-3 days.

The product like of the 2011 iMac was 577 days while the 2010 iMac was 280 days.

The earliest I could think of the 2013 iMac will appear would be November/December.

9. Ant D thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ever so much for your input guys!

I think it's best I go ahead and order one as I do need better performance now! I'm never envious when they get upgrade as I don't often check up once I have my own new one anyway. Was just worth making sure there isn't any imminent upgrades I would miss out on.

Many thanks again!!