NEW IMac Owner :) Greetings... plz chime in

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dpgmac, Jun 7, 2011.

1. dpgmac macrumors newbie

Hello,

Well today I should be recieving my new IMac, its 21" cant remember all the details but its my first and know nothing about it :) HA.

Anything I need to do prior? I have a Ipad2, and Iphone... I didnt want to buy a PC and thought I would try something new.

No floppy disk, is there a way to transfer over my files? OR do I put everything on a usb stick and transfer that way?

I would appreciate all your help, and will be lurking the forums to gain more knowledge...

Regards :)

2. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

4. yakkowarner epi macrumors member

Are you talking about using the 1.4 meg 5 inch, 3.5 inch, or an iomega disk. Personally I'd do the 1.4 just for nostalgia. I miss that grinding noise, it bring back good memories.

Ya just use a USB flash drive stick. I've also saved all of my old files (masters work, ppt presentations, digital pictures, etc) on cd's and dvd's. They have held up well.

5. Sunday Ironfoot macrumors regular

You'd be better off copying your files onto Vinyl, all iMacs come with a Vinyl player in the side, that's what the large slit is for.

Joking aside, your best bet is USB flash drive, they cost, what, a fiver? Or, as Badger^2 suggests, get a DropBox account, DropBox is awesome and free.