New Imac owner; Lost Apps on iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by scottbushey, Nov 13, 2008.

1. scottbushey macrumors member

Greetings and thanks in advance:

New iMac. I opened my itunes and did a sync on my 3G. It is not recognizing my apps. I went to the app store and reloaded all the ones I could find; some weren't there any longer; This struck me a strange but whatever. Is there no way for me to just reestablish my Itunes apps from my Iphone or are the progs I cannot find history? I have updated from my iphone in Lieu of the above. so, all is well, just will take longer-I'd like to just update on sync; the only issue is that when I do this, the apps I am speaking of will be removed.

Another question for you Mac Experts: I have a ATT gift card for 25$. Do I have to go to ATT store to buy Itunes gift card or can you use the ATT card on Itunes site?

regards,

SPB

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I'm thinking you'll have to repurchase whatever you had before. Apple will have that history on your account. Now, if there was an app that you downloaded that is no longer on the App Store, you won't be able to redownload it. If you still have your old mac, the old app should still be on there, and copying it over should work, as the DRM is attached to your account.

As far as the at&t card (as I work for at&t but not on the retail end), in order to use it on the iTunes store, it will have to be an iTunes gift card. They won't have a record of the at&t card in the iTunes database.