New iMac owner - new to me at least

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imaginex20, Nov 28, 2010.

1. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my story on how I obtained my iMac. Its a 21.5" core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 4 GB ram, 1 TB HD, and ATI graphics. I went to Best Buy on wednesday the 24th to purchase a power supply for my sister in law's PC and noticed an open box iMac sitting on the self for $918 without keyboard and mouse. I didn't have any issue with the machine not coming with the keyboard and mouse as I already had a bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse that I use with my macbook. The assistant then tells me, for today that iMac costs $599..i was shocked. I then asked for the specs which he did not know so I goggled it on my iphone and the specs turned out pretty darn decent so I said what the hell and purchased it.

To my surprise everything works perfectly and its pretty darn fast. My main machine is a unibody macbook 2.0 Ghz with 4GB ram. I figure I can use the iMac for development and keep my macbook as the internet browsing machine.

I think I will enjoy this macbook for a few years until I buy a 27". I already upgraded the iMac to 6GB of ram because I had 2 x 1 GB ram sticks that were from my unibody macbook.

Ok, just wanted to share my story. :)

2. biggd macrumors 6502

biggd

Sounds like it was ur lucky day!!
    If I could get a Mac that cheap for my parents I'd be so happy.
    Why was it so cheap???

3. Brother854 macrumors newbie

What store was selling the iMac?

That was a great deal. You should go and buy a lottery ticket while your luck is hot.

4. imaginex20 thread starter macrumors 65816

imaginex20

It was Best Buy.

I asked the employee why it was so cheap and he said the manager wanted it off the floor so they put it at a price that will sell quick. I guess I was the lucky guy! All the employees were shocked at the price while ringing me up too.

The only thing that concerns me is that the warranty for the iMac says it expires Jan 2011. I specifically asked the employees if the 1 year warranty still applies and they said "Yes, because the warranty starts the day you buy it and since you bought it today it starts now". I wonder if I have to petition with apple to change the warranty date?