New iMac owner - Very happy

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Coolmaniac987, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Coolmaniac987 macrumors newbie

Coolmaniac987

Greetings everyone, This is my very first post.

It has been almost a year since I converted myself to a Mac user; so far, I have been very impressed. My first mac was a 2.16 MB white, and that automatically got me hooked!

Today I purchased a new iMac (the 20 inch, 2.66 ghz version). Since I am a college student, I was also able to obtain the rebate for an iPod touch! So far, I have been satisfied with my purchase. I am still playing around with things, so hopefully I will learn my way around very soon.

I have a question,

What is a good place to download free applications (games mainly) from the web?

Thanks so much!

-Andrew

2. Jon.Stewart87 macrumors regular

congrats on the new mac!!

i just got mine about a week ago but am already a mac user for life.

thats for sure.

I'm also curious on the free apps for mac.. games mainly.. but i already know the basics (iSquint, HandBrake, WMV Player etc.)

3. G-Com macrumors regular

A belated welcome to the Macintosh fraternity. :) I've had my 20" 2.0 GHz aluminum for a month and I love it.

4. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

Welcome to a new way of life. Enjoy your mac.

5. Mollemand macrumors regular

No gaming suggestions here either. - Sorry

Congrats on your mac!

I converted two days ago, so I might be the wrong guy to welcome you :D I'll tell you though: I haven't been this exited about a new computer of mine since my very first. That one I bought 2nd hand after saving every penny of my allowance for two years. I was 8 when I got it. I've owned computers for 26 years ever since.

That is the new computer feeling I have today. I don't think I'll look back either.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. JMac24 macrumors newbie