New iMac Owners...

Broken Friday

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
What's the gender of your new iMac? What did you name him/her, or are going to name her/him?

Broken Friday

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Definetly more masculine than the cute soft white. This is more "I'd kick your ass, then give you lunch money" look to it.

Though it also shows a gentel side.

I'm naming mine "Ichigo Kurosaki"... yeah... I'm a major BLEACH fan... :(

And do you think the new iMac's have a more feminine or masculine design? I would say more Masculine.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2007
well I really cannot think of a name... it is almost depressing.

Anyone out there have any ideas? In fact to the OP any chance you could change the topic too " Who can think of the best name for erandall38's iMac contest"
Thanks! haha.

seriously though, any ideas?

cah87

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
While installing Windows XP i put the computer name as Mac.... Soo uhhmmm i guess his name is Mac :D

blueicedj

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2007
well I really cannot think of a name... it is almost depressing.

Anyone out there have any ideas? In fact to the OP any chance you could change the topic too " Who can think of the best name for erandall38's iMac contest"
Thanks! haha.

seriously though, any ideas?
you could always go with Steve...might be a little weird if Steve Jobs were to come over and see you talking to a computer named after him. Yea, I'd just go with Bob then.

Can't name mine yet, hasn't got here yet.

Broken Friday

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
How about a cartoon name? Those are fun, especially when you go to your iMac, and say "helo, Scooby Doo!".

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I haven't ever really been into naming my computers. I can't ever think of any good enough for this wonderful MASCULINE machine!

Tyr.

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
Antwerp, Belgium
What's the gender of your new iMac? What did you name him/her, or are going to name her/him?
All computers are female, like ships.

"Be firm with her and she'll behave when skies are dark above you.
And let her take a water wave - praise her, and she'll love you.
That's why a ship must have a mate; she needs a good provider.
A good strong arm to keep her straight, to comfort her and guide her."

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
you could always go with Steve...might be a little weird if Steve Jobs were to come over and see you talking to a computer named after him. Yea, I'd just go with Bob then.

Can't name mine yet, hasn't got here yet.
You are right. I named mine Steve and then Steve Jobs came over and it was really confusing. Steve Jobs was pretty pissed when he thought I asked him to eject my hard drive... I don't think he is going to come visit any more. So I re-named him Woz :)

The Stig