New iMac Peripherals Attachment Questions

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TCrowe, Jan 19, 2015.

1. TCrowe macrumors member

TCrowe

My new iMac arrives Wed. this week and I have a few questions. First of all the details:

27 inches
    Screen Resolution 5120 x 2880
    Max Screen Resolution 5120 x 2880
    Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM 8 GB DDR3
    Memory Speed 1600 MHz
    Hard Drive 1 TB
    Number of USB 3.0 Ports 4
    Expand
    Other Technical Details
    Brand Name Apple
    Series Apple iMac 27" Retina 5K
    Item model number MF886LL/A
    Hardware Platform Mac
    Operating System Mac OS X Yosemite
    Item Weight 21 pounds
    Color Silver
    Processor Brand Intel
    Computer Memory Type SDRAM
    Audio-out Ports (#) 1

I had read somewhere while researching that people had had problems when they plugged all their peripherals in at the same time. I didn't intend to do that but plug them in only when I needed to use them. Some of them are an Epson Perfection 750 Pro scanner, Epson Pro R2400 Photo Printer and a few back up devices. There is also the Klipsch stereo system but that is not a problem I wouldn't think.

Just wondering if I have covered the bases or if there are any suggestions concerning hardware that I have listed. The old Mac Pro finds drivers by itself and I would assume that this mac will also though I can easily look them up and install them as I need to. My first new computer in almost 8 years and I just want to cover my bases. TCrowe

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I'm sure your peripherals will work fine as long as the drivers are compatible with the latest version of OS X. Hope you enjoy your new iMac.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Dunno where you heard that but as soon as I got mine I plugged in about 12 USB peripherals, a monitor and a Thunderbolt enclosure, and a couple of bluetooth devices. All worked fine.

I expect what you read is probably from someone who had a driver problem with one particular device. The number shouldn't matter much.

4. bluespark macrumors 65816

I have never heard about issues with multiple peripherals. Plug in whatever you want; it should work fine.

5. TCrowe thread starter macrumors member

TCrowe

Just making sure as it's been a while since my Mac Pro purchase. I asked because I couldn't envision those problems but, what do I know. Thanks. I will get it buzzing just as quickly as possible.