New Imac- Photoshop Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrekdgrafix, Mar 22, 2009.

1. wrekdgrafix macrumors newbie

ok i just bought a new iMac 24 inch and i am coming from a pc. i am really new to this and i have the adobe cs3 master collection and i put it in the new imac and nothing would happen, no setup ever happens.

i don't know if it is just something i am not doing or what. please give me some insight on it... please help me........

2. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Is it a windows disc or a Mac disc?

Have you double clicked he disk icon and then the setup application?

3. Spares macrumors member

Whether its windows or Mac would be a start, also try a different disc to ensure your superdrive is functioning properly

4. wrekdgrafix thread starter macrumors newbie

well i really got the disc from someone at work that didn't need it anymore and he got in contact with adobe and got me a new key for two computers. i had it installed on my other computer that was a pc.. i was told that it would work on a mac or windows.. maybe i am wrong.

if it is a windows disc should i just partition a section and install it on the windows side.?? i don't know how that works.. please give me some insight.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

A suggestion would be to make it easy on yourself and contact Adobe regarding swapping the PC disk set for the Mac equivalent disk set. They have exchange programs in place and this would be the simplest way.

6. wrekdgrafix thread starter macrumors newbie

would it be stupid for me to just partition a part for the photoshop stuff?? i don't really know how that works?????

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

If you mean partitioning to use the software in the current form (PC disks) then keep in mind that it means setting up Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp- and that requires a licensed copy of Windows. Windows XP licensed copies start at $90 for a System Builder copy, so you would need to sink that much in, then set it all up. If you swap for the Mac version through Adobe they would just charge a small mailing/handling fee and you would not need to set up Windows or spend the money for it.