new imac possibly?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DarekBarquero, Jun 14, 2012.

1. DarekBarquero macrumors newbie

i was looking at the new mountain lion update on apples website and i went to bottom where it says "get a free update with your new mac" in the picture you see a macbook air with what looks like a thunderbolt display but its running mac os. if it was connected into the macbook air it would just show the wallpaper no the whole UI. do u think this is the new imac because apple would not just leave a entire series of computers untouched until 2013. they have to do something or at least put new processors?

Attached Files:

2. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

No I don't think it's the new mac - probably just a photoshop snaffu putting the dock on the ATD as well as the Macbook. Would be extra sweet if it was though!

3. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

keep wishing. I think apple would make sure to hide whatever new imac design as good as possible. that includes not showing an image of it on their website. It´s a cinema display , the menu on the bottom I believe is just because its a mockup image, not a photo.

4. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Images on displays are usually simulated and not real when they are in photos and video.

5. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Possible but i think the new iMacs would come with the latest version of X installed. I think this is referring to the 2011 models, if you purchase a new one you get a free ML update. They are trying to exhaust existing stock levels, nice trick.

Let's hope you're right and they don't leave a entire series of computers untouched, rumour has it that when ML is released next month the new iMacs will be released simultaneously. :p

6. garrize macrumors regular

garrize

Interesting but i don't think they'll redesign the iMac before next year.

Yeah probably a photoshop "snaffu". :)

7. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

All Apple computers are referred to as Macs.