new imac possibly?

DarekBarquero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Doral
i was looking at the new mountain lion update on apples website and i went to bottom where it says "get a free update with your new mac" in the picture you see a macbook air with what looks like a thunderbolt display but its running mac os. if it was connected into the macbook air it would just show the wallpaper no the whole UI. do u think this is the new imac because apple would not just leave a entire series of computers untouched until 2013. they have to do something or at least put new processors?

Attachments

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
No I don't think it's the new mac - probably just a photoshop snaffu putting the dock on the ATD as well as the Macbook. Would be extra sweet if it was though!

Comment

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
keep wishing. I think apple would make sure to hide whatever new imac design as good as possible. that includes not showing an image of it on their website. It´s a cinema display , the menu on the bottom I believe is just because its a mockup image, not a photo.

Comment

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Images on displays are usually simulated and not real when they are in photos and video.

Comment

necromorph

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2012
London
i was looking at the new mountain lion update on apples website and i went to bottom where it says "get a free update with your new mac" in the picture you see a macbook air with what looks like a thunderbolt display but its running mac os. if it was connected into the macbook air it would just show the wallpaper no the whole UI. do u think this is the new imac because apple would not just leave a entire series of computers untouched until 2013. they have to do something or at least put new processors?
Possible but i think the new iMacs would come with the latest version of X installed. I think this is referring to the 2011 models, if you purchase a new one you get a free ML update. They are trying to exhaust existing stock levels, nice trick.

Let's hope you're right and they don't leave a entire series of computers untouched, rumour has it that when ML is released next month the new iMacs will be released simultaneously. :p

Comment

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Interesting but i don't think they'll redesign the iMac before next year.

No I don't think it's the new mac - probably just a photoshop snaffu putting the dock on the ATD as well as the Macbook. Would be extra sweet if it was though!
Yeah probably a photoshop "snaffu". :)

Comment

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
All Apple computers are referred to as Macs.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.