New Imac Pricing?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by webella, Feb 13, 2009.

1. webella macrumors newbie

Has there been any word to what price range the new imacs will be at? i just wonder if they will be comparable and if the present imacs will be discounted when the new ones arrive.

Anyone?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

no

3. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

No way to tell actually. I'd guess that it depends on what is inside the new ones. There is a possibility that a new level may be added to the iMac line from what I've been reading here and elsewhere. If they add a version with a quad core processor and a slam-bang honkin' video card, then the price will likely be more than the top dog is now. Not sure about discounted 'older' models. Makes life interesting though, eh?

Rich :cool:

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Probably the same as the current ones. Don't see any reason for the price to change radically...

5. iMacmatician macrumors 601

No.

More than likely yes. Prices usually stay similar across updates.

Mobile quad-cores, yes. But the 65 W desktop quad-cores that are rumored to go in the iMac are actually cheaper than high-end mobile dual-cores.

6. Annngel macrumors regular

Good job iMacmatician! You do what you do best!

LOL That was so random.

7. wesleyh macrumors 6502

Should be 30% cheaper than they are now, being overpriced an all that.

8. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Not a chance of that happening. Plus if you compare the iMac to other all in ones they are not expensive.

9. edgew8 macrumors regular

edgew8

10. paulg1979 macrumors member

11. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

Yes, Vista Home Premium lacks all the Vista Business specific features + Ultimate 'extras'. OS X just has them all.

12. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

The new 25" iMac with 8 cores begins at $.09.
    The 31.25" iMac with quad cores is $1400.
    The 9" iMac is $25,000.

Yes. I made it up. Anyone with that info at this time is doing the same.

13. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

14. nusynergy macrumors regular

Someone posted in another thread that due to the Economic issues at the moment and the value of the GBP agains the $ the price will go up by around £120 for the entre spec :(

15. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

What you has just said is really lame because of the economic climate the prices are more likely to go down and not up due to the fact that people cannot afford to buy things at the moment. I think the prices will stay the same but they will add a new bigger model

16. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yea Vista sucks. PCs mostly comes with 32-bit OS and it doesn't support more than 3GB of RAM. That really sucks if you are a gamer.

In UK prices will go up because it's 400€ cheaper now than in other Europe countries.

Prices are not going down, maybe new entry model which would cost 999$ as in MBs.

17. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

And the 'best' thing is that if you take the 64-bit version a lot of programs, games and even hardware will probably not work (or work with less features). Why do they even release a 64-bit OS when they can't make it compatible with 32-bit programs, aka 95% of all the available programs?

18. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yea that's also very annoing. All processors are 64-bit nowadays, so I can't understand why Microsoft even made 32-bit OS. Same thing in W7, can't even download drivers for this :mad: