new imac questions on the software...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FTLOSM, Aug 8, 2011.

1. FTLOSM macrumors member

The imac i ordered today should be here within about 10 days, i am reading a lot about Lion and some of its "bugs", what i wondered (having no experience with macs), is what do I get when it arrives? Is there a Lion disc in there or a previous editions disc that I need to upgrade to Lion with online?

To be honest I am a bit worried after all i am reading that my first experiences with mac will be frustrating from all i am reading about Lion, I kinda wish/hope mine might not have it on there (but also reading about many who's orders have come in with Lion) so guessing it will come on the imac standard.

Maybe I am just too worried but been waiting years to try the mac side of things and I just hope I am not disappointed with Lion bugs along with my newness to everything mac.

If I don't get a Lion disc with my mac, can I order one or burn restore discs like a windows machine?

guess i will know more in 10 days or so but figured i might try to ease my mind and who knows in 10 days they might have fixed some of the bugs I keep reading about in Lion.

Bill

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

A new iMac should ship with Lion. There is no external recovery disk - it is in a recovery partition on the main HDD.

3. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

5. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Agreed,

I made a USB key , and a true recovery partition (full install). prior to my upgrade so that I could boot and / or install later if needed.