New iMac released with new itunes

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kitcho9, Sep 17, 2012.

1. kitcho9 macrumors newbie

So, last week Apple announced itunes was getting a major overhaul (thank god) and the new version will be available in October.

It makes sense to me that the new iMac will be launched the same day (or very close to it) and all new iMacs will come loaded with the new iTunes out of the box.

Not long to go guys.

2. 22mac macrumors member

Yeah this makes sense. Hopefully it's early October and not late

3. cyrways macrumors member

I honestly think I'm more excited for my imac than my iphone. Anticipation is breaking my balls.

4. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Not sure about the rationale here. Previous releases of iTunes haven't coincided with iMac releases, have they? It's not as if an iTunes update is a big deal.

5. JPanther macrumors newbie

Unless of course there is a whole new "something" to iTunes that ties in with an Education theme that Gruber has been talking about. That would also tie in nicely with a new iPad mini (which seems to be ramping up production and a new line up of iMacs.

Either way, we'll probably hear SOMETHING from Apple again real soon once backtoschool promo and initial iPhone launch is over, even if it's at a much smaller scale than the iPhone event.

Can't wait! :D

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

This one is. It's the first rehaul in several generations in functionality and UI, and if I'm not mistaken, integrates iCloud so you can stream your movies like Netflix. Personally, I've been waiting for a rehaul of iTunes for a long, long time, both on OSX and iOS.

7. kitcho9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, what he said.

This is a MAJOR overhaul of itunes and I can't see new imacs not having the new verion out of the box.

8. Bargle macrumors regular

The new iTunes is designed specifically to be easier to use with iOS devices. They mentioned that specifically in the event on sept. 12th.

It makes more sense to talk about the 7" iPad with iTunes, not the Mac.

9. ruerogers macrumors newbie

Oct 5

I would like to see a new iMac released Oct 5 and have it as a commemoration of Steve Jobs who saved Apple with the original iMac.

10. Bargle macrumors regular

You only memorialize a persons death date if you hate them...if apple would ever honor Steve jobs it would be on his birthday not the day he died.

11. HarryLarry macrumors newbie

I sure hope Apple will release a new iMac, or at least say something about it. I have been waiting to purchase one since March! I am so tired of waiting:mad: Every time an Apple announcement comes, people say oh yes the iMac is coming, but it never does:/

12. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

I'm so sick of waiting too. I'm so pissed about this, I wish apple would just release the damm thing already. I have no computer just and iPad Ive been holding since march and I can't do video editing or nothing this sucks apple. Goddamm

13. damir00 macrumors 6502a

Don't see it, there's no real connection between the two.

14. ruerogers macrumors newbie

Think Different.

15. msg362 macrumors member

So would I, I've been waiting for months with money in the bank to upgrade my 2008 iMac but more importantly- it's my birthday!

16. TheAmericanStig macrumors newbie

TheAmericanStig

So what was all that talk about 2013 bringing big changes to iMac and Mac Pro? From Mr. CEO?

I've been waiting all year. I thought in May it would be released - but have given up. I'm still running my 2006 MacBook Pro.... I'm ready to upgrade.

17. cybercap macrumors newbie

I would need absolutely usb 3.0 and a less reflective screen, like the new retina macbooks

18. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I dont think itunes is holding them back. I mean, even new os´s doesn't affects the release of a computer, why would one software such as the itunes hold it back. there are other reasons. If we see it with the itunes upgrade, its only because it is ready around that time so a good reason to release them at the same time, but I don´t think theres any point expecting that to happen.

19. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

The New iMac!

New, ultra-thin design.

"We really love how thin this machine is. Our incredible engineers were able to do this by removing the motherboard. Because after all, who really needs a motherboard, right? We've found that people like to take their data directly from their iPhone to their iPad, and the middle-man role that the iMac was playing was just slowing them down... so why the need to ever be able to turn it on?"

:D

20. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Hand. Clutch. Straw.

21. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

Keep throwing dates around....sooner or later an "ITK" will guess it right.

22. Broooce macrumors member

23. cyclotron451 macrumors regular

cyclotron451

MS is asking members of the press to join it in New York on 25 October for the launch of their Win8 operating system, according to The Inquirer This OS to avoid (seriously and I like Win7) is being released at midnight, available on 26/10/2012.

that date might be an Apple strategic opportunity to release exciting new iMacs/iTunes/iPad-minis?

24. old-wiz macrumors G3

I can't imagine a connection between a new iMac and a minor software change to iTunes. A totally new version of OSx perhaps, but not iTunes or iWork or iLife.