New iMac Setup!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mbrellisford, Aug 22, 2007.

1. mbrellisford macrumors member

FINALLY....After days of cutting up boxes and printing receipts (For Rebates) I finally cleaned up my desk.

The computer is absolutely AMAZING! Runs amazingly smooth, and turns heads. Non-Mac people don't beleive that the computer is just a monitor.

The glossy screen is FINE. A lot of people say that glare is a big problem. I have mine sitting in front of a window and the only problem with glare is when the screen is OFF. Once there is colour on the screen the glare virtually disappears. Unless doing work where there is a large portion of black on the screen, the glare isn't noticable at all. When the screen is off, you notice a lot of dirt, pet hair, etc. so thank god they included the black apple rag!

The computer is REALLY quiet as well, and compared to my PC, doesnt run too hot. People say that touching the top of the mac is really hot....Well heat rises and the case is alluminum so I expected that to the be the hottest part.

Wireless mouse works GREAT. I have the mouse on a surface that a regular optical mouse can't even read (glossy white table). Only problem is that it doesn't work in Boot Camp. Trying to resolve that, for now I just plug my PC mouse into the keyboard when I need it.

I LOVE the buttons on the keyboard. They feel amazing.

Now to just buy an iLugger and sell my PC and I will be set!

BEST INVESTMENT EVER!

Note: Only 2 of those cords are for my iMac...The rest is PC (without ANY peripherals).......'Easy' Button is a must have as well haha :)

Attached Files:

2. Alloye macrumors 6502a

3. slimslam macrumors newbie

Yeah i got mine too, desk is so clear it's scary, but this screen is f***ing massive, i wonder if i should have got the 20 inch...nah!