New iMac - Speakers and HD Enclosure To Match

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mix123, Aug 8, 2007.

1. mix123 macrumors member

Just ordered a new 24" iMac and looking to buy some new speakers and a HD enclosure for a 250gb drive I have from my old PC. What speakers and Enclosure do you guys think would look the best with the new Imac? Im thinking Soundsticks and a brushed aluminum enclosure but Im open to other ideas.......

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

...in addition to being amazing speakers, i think the logitech z2300's would look great with the new imacs...

3. Toknee macrumors member

I like the JBL Creature 1 in silver, nice and small, good sound.

As for external enclosures, you have a tun of choices. I think the Lacie HD's are a good fit, made out of alumiun.

Also the Super G ones are nice looking.

4. mix123 thread starter macrumors member

5. LeviG macrumors 65816

basing stuff on uk products for links etc

speakers - aego m's black (with silver accents) but solid metal, I think black will work well with the new imac's black glass.

hard drive enclosure - you dont say if you want pata or sata but I would suggest taking a look at the silverstone ms04/ms03/ms01 - I have the ms01 and its a stunning bit of kit, solid extruded aluminum in silver or black (I think I would personally pick black to complement the imac black again).

But having said all that I have a fondness for black as I would also be using a black with silver keyboard and mouse (ms 4000 and 6000 natural)

6. mix123 thread starter macrumors member

That silverstone enclosure is beautiful in black! Thank you very much

7. LeviG macrumors 65816

if you tell us what type of connection the hard drive uses I can tell you which is the best option for you out of the ms01/03/04 :)

8. mix123 thread starter macrumors member

9. LeviG macrumors 65816

As you say its the pata (the older ide - that 2"x 1/4" rectangle with lots of pins) then I would say get the ms04 as its got firewire and usb2.0. As we all know firewire is faster than usb2.0 :)

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Not allowed on the forums...

11. rojames30 macrumors member

hello guys,

hey I'm new to the macrumors forum. I just bought me my first mac. I bought the 24" Imac. I love it!!! i've been windows users for about 20yrs now. I just made the switch to mac.!!! I also have a pair of yamaha usb speakers i bought about 10yrs ago!! they still sound good. i have them hook up to my imac!!

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid