New iMac Speculation Time... I'll Start

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NickBoy98, Jul 23, 2012.

1. NickBoy98 macrumors newbie

So its speculation hour... feel free to share what you think the new iMac's will have and what you want the new iMac's will have

Me First!

I think there will be i7 as standard... that being based on the current situation with the MacBook pros

8GB Ram Minimum... seriously I think 8GB is the sweet spot for macs right now

10% Chance of Retina Display but I think it will be too difficult for apple to get panels with THAT many pixels

Another thunderbolt

USB3

HDMI (retina has it?)

SSD's as standard? (Thats my dream... well my dream is that OSX was set up so that an SSD would act as the 'Macintosh HD' and then the HDD would act as the 'Home HD' but really thats just my apple fantasy)

care to share anyone??

2. antidromic macrumors newbie

antidromic

"And here we see what appears to be the greater spotted forum topic in its native habitat. As it begins the task of creating its topic...a search bar creeps up! He can't see it! The search bar devours him alive, LIKE THE OTHER THOUSAND TOPICS EXACTLY LIKE THIS."

Use the search bar, sir. Otherwise I'll eat your topic alive instead.

3. Ppq macrumors newbie

regular

posting regular post in regular thread.

4. snow blind macrumors regular

This guy :rolleyes:

5. Malone1878 macrumors member

Forgot that its a crime to start a fresh feed ...

6. eddjedi macrumors regular

No but it's pretty stupid to start one titled "New iMac Speculation Time... I'll Start" when there are dozens of other threads on the first page speculating over the imaginary new iMac dating back months.

7. travistaylor macrumors regular

Agreed. The forum only has so much storage capacity, it's posts like these that keep other, more valuable, posts from being able to be shared..... :rolleyes:

That said, USB3 is definitely a go, I'm not sure if they'll add another Thunderbolt port. If its not a redesign, it would make sense just to change all of the USBs to USB3 and be able to continue using the current iMac cases. Who knows!

I highly doubt we will see a new iMac this week, though. Just not enough rumors....have we even seen anything tangible since before wwdc?

8. 141n5 macrumors member

9. Malone1878 macrumors member

Lighten up man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSaDPc1Cs5U

10. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

It's been "New iMac Speculation Time" for at least 6 months. Many many others have started long before you. :p

11. iCaleb macrumors 6502

What else is new today?

Theresa falls up the stairs.

Theresa falls down the stairs.

Theresa falls up the stairs.

Theresa falls down the stairs.