New iMac UK - Financing Offers - New Quad Core

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theeaglehasland, Jun 17, 2009.

1. theeaglehasland macrumors newbie

Many of you will be aware of the 0% interest free offer in the UK which was slated to end on 15th June but has been extended until Friday (although it no longer appears on the store web site). What may not be known as it never appears on the store web site is that Apple also have a low interest rate offer of 5.9% flat on the total payable over 20 months which is very attractive and does not have a specific end date.

I am loathe to purchase a new iMac to replace my late 2006 model because a) my Applecare runs out in September b) Snow Leopard comes out in September and c) I would rather wait until new Quad Core iMacs come out.

Does anyone have a view on when the new Quad Core iMacs will come out?

Does anyone have any knowledge on unadvertised low interest rate offers. Are they usually available or is this a case of buy now before the opportunity goes away?

Many thanks in anticipation.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Either this winter or 2011.

Do you really even need one?

3. theeaglehasland thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. Good question. Can you give me a steer on where Quad Core processors will help

4. XiXora macrumors member

XiXora

Quad-Core helps with parallel tasks such as encoding etc or even virtualisation.

I am a heavy VM user and needed a new system so just got a MBP17. TBH dual-core cpu was working fine.

For a normal user. I'd say dual core machines are perfectly acceptable.